Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a spec clutch and steel flywheel in at the moment. and well i think my transmission is jacked so if anyone has either item could you tell me if you like it.

also uhh why is there 10" clutch disks and 11" clutch discs? im guessing the 11 will grip better and stuff or will it not fit?

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
i have a spec stage 3 in my 94 v6 and aluminum flywheel, the spec clutches do there job decent, but they have such a soft pedal to them and it doesnt spring out like a mean clutch actually should, i hate a aftermarket clutch that doesnt feel aftermarket, id rather look around if i had to get another clutch, its always worked for me and has never slipped and it has about 7K on it now, so no complents as far as actually gripping

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
i perfer comp over spec they are a lot stiffer and have a better feel IMO

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
yeah but also have to thing..

if ur in traffic a very stiff clutch will kill you

by the way spec is good

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
yeah but also have to thing..

if ur in traffic a very stiff clutch will kill you

by the way spec is good
yeah spec is good but comp isnt annoyingly stiff it just lets you know when it is engaged vs the spec just kinda gives

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
if you cant handle a stiff clutch in traffic, please go buy a auto, if you buy an aftermarket clutch because your making the power to the point where you need it and your going to complain about a stiff pedal in traffic theres something wrong, go buy a triple disc in or out setup no in between and then you can complain in traffic, my camaro has a 4 puck clutch in it meant for the strip and i dont complain and i have 4.56 in it, if you want a soft aftermarket clutch, buy spec its softer and comes out relativley slower then stock most of the time

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
wow ive never heard of someone complain about a soft clutch
ive got a Spec aluminum flywheel compaitable for 99-04 V6 and even the 01-04 GT motor
with a spec stage 2+ clutch disc. i had spec before as well
SPEC IS FTW!

i trust spec

stage 3 spec clutch and aluminum flywheel will hold you well bryan. just gotta get that G-force tranny and built 8.8 rear and the motor you'll be getting and your ready for good numbers:cool:

check out promotion
record holding t5s and manual transmission
ask them what they recommend for those who think against SPEC:cool:

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
if you cant handle a stiff clutch in traffic, please go buy a auto, if you buy an aftermarket clutch because your making the power to the point where you need it and your going to complain about a stiff pedal in traffic theres something wrong, go buy a triple disc in or out setup no in between and then you can complain in traffic, my camaro has a 4 puck clutch in it meant for the strip and i dont complain and i have 4.56 in it, if you want a soft aftermarket clutch, buy spec its softer and comes out relativley slower then stock most of the time
lol how does it come out slower
and the clutch disc HAS NOTHING to do with the softness in the clutch
its all in the pressure plates fingers

and you have a camaro?
a Mach 1?
and a V6 mustang?
and your modding all 3:confused:

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
spec does work good, but i HATE soft cluchtes, thats the reason im getting rid of my spec clutch on my 94 and im selling it on ebay or i might just keep it around incase i know of someone that ever needs it, if i have a nice clutch i want it to be stiff and spring the hell out, my mach 1 stock clutch pedal is SOOOOOOO much nicer then my 94 v6 it requires effort to put in and comes out fast

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
i dont know how the hell you say they are soft, there is no way in hell mine was soft. i was running a 3 in mine, but was too much clutch for my set up. spec clutches are great and i recommend them. there are only a few guys on this forum that will utilize a stage 3. a 10.5 is what gt's come stock with, and the 11 is in the cobra.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts