4,356 Posts
get them!!!!!..........that was a joke avoid at all costs

·
Registered
4,781 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
Which heads? Don't they sell about 50 different kinds? Are you talking about the aluminum ones? They are pro-comp heads. I called them and asked them and they did not deny it, but would not admit it either.

You'll notice they also sell these CHI knockoffs made by none other than procomp

Tri-State Cylinder Head - Chevy, Ford, Small Block, Performance, Aluminum Cylinder Heads
They sell all kinds of junk. I've seen there GT40s and a set of E6s or E7s. I don't remember which ones they were because they weren't mine. I do remember Dan at the machine shop telling the guy he would buy the heads from him so he could buy some good heads. Those pro comps are jokes too. I've been told by many engine builders that the Pro Comps need so much work to bring the numbers up and get rid of the turbulence that they aren't worth even looking at.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
They sell all kinds of junk. I've seen there GT40s and a set of E6s or E7s. I don't remember which ones they were because they weren't mine. I do remember Dan at the machine shop telling the guy he would buy the heads from him so he could buy some good heads. Those pro comps are jokes too. I've been told by many engine builders that the Pro Comps need so much work to bring the numbers up and get rid of the turbulence that they aren't worth even looking at.
you cant expect much for 700!:D

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hahahah wow that completely answers my question!! thanks!

·
Registered
685 Posts
thats alot of cash for crap you would be better off locating a set of used trick flows off e-bay. Ive seen some sets go for a pretty nice price

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Still, I'd probably go with the pro comps over a set of GT-40Ps.

I have seen a few companies sell a CNC ported version of the procomp head with 210 cc intake runners that flows (supposedly) 300 cfm and costs $1200. Basically the $800 heads with $400 worth of CNC work.

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
Still, I'd probably go with the pro comps over a set of GT-40Ps.

I have seen a few companies sell a CNC ported version of the procomp head with 210 cc intake runners that flows (supposedly) 300 cfm and costs $1200. Basically the $800 heads with $400 worth of CNC work.
If its a reputable head porter I'm sure the heads flow good. If they go in and recontour the ports to efficient it will turn into a good head. I wouldn't waste my money on an off the shelf set of Pro Junks though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts