Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the choice between two cars to put my motor in and not sure which to choose. The first is a 1997 or 1998 Mustang GT with 5-speed tranny and no motor, perfect body, perfect interior for $1200. The second is a 1968 Mustang Coupe that needs fairly extensive body work, and an entire new interior, the guys has all the parts just not put in, no motor no tranny, and unsure as far as rear end and suspension. I am wanting to put in a 347 Stroker without having to do too many suspension modifications and rear end upgrades, any thoughts??

thanks

·
Registered
437 Posts
as much as i like the older mustangs, id have to say i think you should get the 97/98 gt. just because the 68 will probably have alot of rust, and it will be pretty hard to repair the body and find decent condition parts for it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The 97/98 will have less up front start money to get driving. The '68 will always have the smalls things that will nickel and dime you to death unless you are prepared for a project.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
The newer models sounds like it is in great shape and would be the easiest and fastest way to completion. The classic 68, hey man everybody would love to have one, sounds like it's gonna need considerably more time and money to finish. It's all up to how much time and money you want to put into it and how fast you want it on the road.

I'd go with the 68, but i've got other cars to drive while I work on it. If the guy has all the parts to assemble it and you just need to pick up a tranny then I'd say go for it.

It's YOUR money and YOUR time though, so do what YOU want to do and what YOU are comfortable with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts