·
MM Gaming Guru
5,692 Posts
Always wingless.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, tough decision. I'm really diggin the wingless look, but there's rain in the forecast for the next couple of days so I threw it back on. It would probably be next week at the least before I could get the holes filled and painted.

So far 1 for the wing, and 3 for wingless. My gf also likes it without the wing.

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
wingless...as for the holes...a good way to plug the holes is with nylon plugs from a hardware store...30cents each so four in all..

·
El Torchy
4,706 Posts
I used these when I had my wing off... Some zinc plated steel plug from home depot... I like them because the top part is flat, then I just used some touch-up paint to finish the job...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, looks good. My paint where the wing sits is pretty nasty. Kinda bubbled a little bit near the holes. Have any suggestions for that lol?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I already have a claybar kit somewhere, never wet sanded anything though. What grit sandpaper do you plan on using?

·
El Torchy
4,706 Posts
MRK, do those create a pretty good seal? No problems with water in the trunk?
Held up pretty good the whole 2 months that I was wingless... Rained twice maybe... No water problems... You could always use a silicone sealant to seal it from the inside just to be sure if you want... As for cleaning the nasty spoiler poop... I've tried everything... Claybar... Wetsand... Etc. Nothing worked FOR ME... maybe yours is not as bad as mine.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah, mine is pretty disgusting. I'll try what 6er suggested, if that doesn't work i'll probably just slap the wing back on. I don't really want to dump too much more money into the GT, might have a new toy within the next few weeks.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts