Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i ordered my MAC prochamber last night, and i was thinking about my next mod, either gonna be FRPP 4.10s or BBK shorty headers, whats everyboyds opinions on what i should do first? or should i start my PI swap?

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
You'll definitely feel the gears. You will have power at cruising speeds where you have none now I am sure. You will need that tuner soon though or your miles on your odometer will go up rapidly due to the calibration being off. I had my gears in last week and I had to order my tuner this week they were going up at such a rapid pace without really going anywhere.

·
Registered
962 Posts
gears, dont bother with shorties

and u can get away with just the pi intake and cams... u wont be dissappointed

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you think id be wasting my time with shortys?

·
Registered
962 Posts
you think id be wasting my time with shortys?
yes i made a thread on corral.net about it along time ago when i was new to mustangs asking their opinions, i believe the best results was 3hp 7ftlbs, and they had added a tb plenum combo at the same time, hence y shorties arent worth anything... LTs or dont bother

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh alright.. well you probably just saved me a few hundred bucks.. thanks a lot! haha

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
You'll definitely feel the gears. You will have power at cruising speeds where you have none now I am sure. You will need that tuner soon though or your miles on your odometer will go up rapidly due to the calibration being off. I had my gears in last week and I had to order my tuner this week they were going up at such a rapid pace without really going anywhere.
9/10 sn-95 mustangs don't work that way. The only way to adjust the calibration is with a speedo gear. Supposedly the 98's are sposed to function like that, but I've never met someone with a car that did, including my neighbor

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
9/10 sn-95 mustangs don't work that way. The only way to adjust the calibration is with a speedo gear. Supposedly the 98's are sposed to function like that, but I've never met someone with a car that did, including my neighbor

wait i was always under the impression you dont need a tuner for gears...just the speedo gear...:sorry

·
Registered
962 Posts
wait i was always under the impression you dont need a tuner for gears...just the speedo gear...:sorry
i believe for the 96-97 and some 98s u need a speedo gear, but who knows, i never did gears

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Not to jack the thread but how do you fix this problem if the tuner won't do it? I was under that impression because all of the tuners advertise that that is how you fix it. Thanks. He'll need to know this if he goes gears anyway.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Not to jack the thread but how do you fix this problem if the tuner won't do it? I was under that impression because all of the tuners advertise that that is how you fix it. Thanks. He'll need to know this if he goes gears anyway.
speedo gear, it will correct it...

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
im sure a tuner and speedo gear will do the same thing...when i get gears i will be buying xcal3 at the same time anyway

1 - 17 of 17 Posts