Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
who the hell are trick tunes? iwould go with 1 or 3, i prefer 3 though.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
if that trick tunes is the one im thinking of i would look at that one seriously.

Brenspeed is great i have their tune.

But at the end of the day it is still a canned tune. I like how guys thinks its custom. They send you a tune that worked on a car they have, not your car, thats a canned tune. yea its custom to your mods and the octane you can run, so is everything you would get from anyone.

The trick tunes guys is gonna have you install a tune, data log your car and then refine that tune. If you got the laptop and time to do that, that is a real custom tune to me.

·
MMs Ford Racing Nut Swinger
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea brenspeed are great dont get me wrong, customer service is top notch and their tunes are great. AND THEY ALWAYS ANSWER THE PHONE AND RETURN CALLS IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. but like i said if you really want a "custom tune" and to squeze every horse out i would look at that trick tunes guy. Thats cool stuff.
problem is, no one that has used him is giving him any rep here.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I vote Brenspeed. Their tunes have been awesome and their help and customer service is top notch. I have heard good things about Bama, but I can't really compare the two myself.

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
I don't have experience with any of them, but I will be going with Brenspeed because of the fact that they have the staff to answer you calls/email right there. Not days or weeks later.

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
Trick Tuners is the site that Doc refers people to... and if Doc (HMUSN if you don't know) says its good... its hard to not go with them

Wow... hard choice...

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Bamachips

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
bama has good tunes, not good service or reputation.
i beg to differ. your like every other customer who complains. he is a hard working individual who works alone!! he is a one man show! he has an outstand and remarkable reputation! and its very very hard to give service to a lot of customers when working alone, but he's working on hiring help to answer the phones and emails, but he works his ass off to give us what we want for out stangs. Nobody's perfect in this world, but im not saying he's terrible. at times his wife who doesn't know much about stangs, chips in and helps him, thats a hell of a wife he has. working usually up till 2-3am just for us, and works on no sleep. how I know this is cause I met the guy and we've had a long talk and I can tell this guy doesn't get much sleep, but still, his tunes are phenominal and well worth it. although his customer service may have not been up to your expectation. as I said, he works alone, so its hard to give callbacks and answer emails to like 300+ people a day. he goes above and beyond a lot of customers in the best time he can offer, even those overseas and in canada. the turn around time may not be sufficient since he is a one man show, but it will be gratifying in the end when you receive your intake and tuner from him.

I put my rep and everything on the line for doug. and I would not want anyone else to tune my car except him. I'll drive all the way to OK for him to tune my car if I ever want to up the boost on my car.

I'm sticking up for doug for those who've bashed him and turned him down, cause you know what, he deserves all the respect in the world, cause he works harder than those at Brenspeed or trick tunes. Brent is good and may have quick callbacks, but he's got a shop and the manpower or personel to do it. Doug just prefers to work alone. He would rather work on your tune than someone else if they were working for him.

Doug is truely a remarkable guy and I will stick up for him no matter where I go or any boards or threads that bash him, and I'm sure others who use him will too.

Once again, my vote, Bamachips! Patience is a virtue, and you will be more than please with his incredible tunes.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts