Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So If anyone has seen one of my thirty posts on stripes in the past week...I'm having a bit of trouble making my mind up...

I want to get opinions on this stripe (https://www.rockymountaingraphics.c...category=1&subcategory=3&size=0&search=&page=)

vs this one (RiderGraphix.com Mustang Decals)

The first one (Rocky Mountain Graphics) doesn't go behind the wheel well, has the exact color I want, and is really cheap...so I'm not sure if its bad vinyl or just a cheap site...

The second one (Ridergraphix) uses top notch vinyl (did some research and its legit) but doesn't have the exact color I want...pricing is high here, but I'm not worried about price (just if cheap price = cheap goods)

I know most times you get what you pay for, I'm just considering getting the cheaper one for the color, because it is exactly what I want...

Help a fellow modder get over this two-week-long decision and pull the trigger already!!:D PLEASE!

Nick

·
Zippy's Resident Milf
5,592 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
315 Posts
I would go with the Ridergraphix. IMO. Looks better then the first one you posted. Post some pictures when you get them on the car.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
have you spoken with them about getting a color chart of special order vinyl. i don't see why they couldn't order your vinyl and get exactly what you wanted.

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
Just don't use the decal shoppe. They lied and told me their stripes were tapered like the Shelby stripes and they weren't. After initiating the return process they dragged it out to after their 7 day return policy and refused to take my stripes back. Shitty customer service and now I'm stuck with vinyl stripes I can't get rid of. Just thought I'd pass the word on in case you decided to go with them for some reason.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
have you spoken with them about getting a color chart of special order vinyl. i don't see why they couldn't order your vinyl and get exactly what you wanted.
Well graphics-express has the c-stripe I like but not the hood stripe...

Ridergraphix has the exact color I want in the Avery book they sent me...but Brian(owner) said they use a different series (I like the color in 500 series, they use 700 series)

I might just get the ones from RockyMountainGraphics for now, they have the color I want, and not care if they are ok quality...save up and get them painted next year when I have the cash...

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
tell the guy you want to special order the other vinyl and would be willing to pay for the special order.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why not have the stripes painted on then you can get the exact color you want and it will probably look 100x better?
Right now I don't have money for that...I have to drop like 1500 on getting damage fixed/car detailed...otherwise I would! I just don't think I want to leave the car without stripes...it seems naked without them...:confused:

But I am definitely taking these ones off...they are faded and chipped in parts...

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think I'm going with ridergraphix...I spoke to the owner and he is managing to get me the color I want...little pricey though...$309 for an 18'' superstripe (hood only) w/1'' pinstripes, and a reverse c-stripe...

·
2011 September ROTM
1,868 Posts
both of those look terrible imo compared to the saleen c-stripe. it looks the best imo but you would have to call and see if you can get it. it goes on the dan gurney edition cars.
DanGurneyMustang - (3) | Auto Blog
it looks better because it extends past the door on the upper part. you would obviously get it with out the number (unless thats your thing). then you would have to option on the lower to put the back piece on or leave it off which the part on the rear bumper looks nicer than the one you posted. this was the route i was going to go then changed my mind

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
both of those look terrible imo compared to the saleen c-stripe. it looks the best imo but you would have to call and see if you can get it. it goes on the dan gurney edition cars.
DanGurneyMustang - (3) | Auto Blog
it looks better because it extends past the door on the upper part. you would obviously get it with out the number (unless thats your thing). then you would have to option on the lower to put the back piece on or leave it off which the part on the rear bumper looks nicer than the one you posted. this was the route i was going to go then changed my mind
I don't know if I'd go with terrible...lol different, yes...

Plus I think I'm leaving off the part behind the wheel...kinda looks crooked due to the body line

·
2011 September ROTM
1,868 Posts
yeah i agree it looks better with nothing on the rea bumper but i do like the saleen because it extends back farther

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ordered them from ridergraphix today! He was able to get me the exact color I wanted, with the exact dimensions on the kit I wanted...so they will be put on around the 20th when my car gets back from the shop (Its going in on the 18th) Can't wait!! Pictures will be up after that...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts