Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is a 1997 Explorer GT-40 Intake. Additional mods include: Ford Racing 9mm Plug Wires, MSD Coil/Cap/Rotor, MAC under drive Pulleys, Cold Air Intake, BBK O/R X-Pipe,Steeda Clutch Cable w/ aluminum Quadrant, and the timing has been bumped up to 14 degrees. I have also replaced the entire front end of this car, with Ford Racing lower control arms, poly bushings and new shocks struts (just oem replacment for now on the suspension. With what is listed above what do you guys think I am pushing at the rear wheels? I am planning to get a bigger Throttle body, Cat-back system , a cam, rear gears and either a tuner or a chip. (haven't made up my mind on the brands yet...Suggestions wlecome)

·
Registered
334 Posts
With what is listed above what do you guys think I am pushing at the rear wheels?
210-220?

Gears will make a big difference in how it feels. Making the car breathe better is always good. headers, throttle body, MAF, adjustable fuel pressure regulator. cam/heads would be nice too.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BBK 70mm TB on the way. That will be all for a while due to cash flow at the present time. I know this may be a dumb question but what will having an adjustable fuel pressure regulator do to help me. [I am assuming more pressure more fuel?? But if they are 19lbs injectors isn't that all they will do??]

-also I got my plenum cover:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I did, and had fun doing it. I have been a mechanic for over 15 years though and it was not my first project to undergo. :)

Really isn't that hard though, just have to remember to take your time and get all the vacuum lines hooked back in, and don't strip or break any bolts...

·
Registered
386 Posts
You can stay with the stock FPR. If you had the car tuned your tuner would be able to +/- fuel. An adjustable FPR is a waste of money in my opinion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts