Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the problem. My car sits for months at a time. I'm getting tired of having to jump the car off to start it. So I figure it was time to upgrade the battery. Which would work better Blue top or Yellow. However if there is a better battery than say Optima. Please feel free to say so. Car's in storage so no trickel charger would help me out either since there's no power. Just for visual. Here is what my engine bay looks like as well. So to me, either color would work as well.

·
Torchin tires...
2,206 Posts
Yeah i know a few guys with red top. Yellow is for many accessories say a massive sound system. Blue is for boats and stuff like the previous poster said. Red top should be perfect for ya

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well after doing some more research. I think I'm gonna go with a DieHard Platinum. Odyssey is the maker of this battery, but cost cost less.

·
Registered
61 Posts
hmm good to know. learn something new everyday. I used to race class 8 (MDR ,SCORE) Desert trucks and fab them as well. Oddysey was in every truck including mine.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I have a red top in mine. Actually had a problem with it. Had a few dead cells 1 yr after purchase. Got replaced via warrenty. IF your car sits in storage for long periods it is safer to unhook the battery vs not.

·
Tits Magee
414 Posts
Yellow top. Yellow top. Yellow top. All day. Spins my starter like its on crack and can run my radio+subs on all day long with car off and still starts right up.

·
Dirt Dives Me Crazy
1,197 Posts
Just put a quick disconnect on your battery and it will no longer be dead when you get it out of storage. My Mach 1 has an everstart (which came with it) from Walmart. I unscrew the disconnect when I park it and screw it back in when I take it out. My car sits for a couple months at a time in storage with no heat without being started. It cranks as well as if I just parked it. I had an optima red top in another car I stored and even if I unplugged the battery it would crank slower. I even had it replaced under their warrenty for this and the replacement was the same. Ive found they do not do well in storage with no heat and no trickle charger. This is the best and cheapest solution Ive found. Plus if you pull the bolt out fully, someone will have a hell of a time stealing it.

Engine bay.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts