Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Hoodrat
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My battery seems to be going bad and I was thinking of getting an optima red top. I've heard that some sizes fit like a glove in the battery tray and then some say they've had issues fitting their battery. So what size would be the best for a direct fit? Thanks guys

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
well i dont know about the red top but i can tell you i had to force my yellow top into the battery tray by bending the plastic, and the cables are very tight since the terminals on it are closer to the middle of the battery and not the edge like motorcraft.

·
Hoodrat
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i dont know about the red top but i can tell you i had to force my yellow top into the battery tray by bending the plastic, and the cables are very tight since the terminals on it are closer to the middle of the battery and not the edge like motorcraft.
that's what i've heard, if i get some free time tomorrow i think i'm going to pull out the battery and the tray and see if I can find an optima to fit.

·
Hoodrat
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
but thanks for the tip!

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
here is my yellow top, it will fit, just need some masaging

·
MM's V6 Hater
13,422 Posts
Mines in the trunk in a different box. I put it in a friend mustang and fit no problems. Cables fit fine. I didn't know red/yellow tops had different dimensions?

·
MM's V6 Hater
13,422 Posts
Do you actually need a rep top? You can save yourself a lot of money by just getting. A normal battery. When I bought my red top it was 239 and I bought the second red top for my other car for 159 on sale from AM. If they are still ~230 its a waste if you don't actually 'need' that type of battery.

·
Hoodrat
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Do you actually need a rep top? You can save yourself a lot of money by just getting. A normal battery. When I bought my red top it was 239 and I bought the second red top for my other car for 159 on sale from AM. If they are still ~230 its a waste if you don't actually 'need' that type of battery.
Well I might get a red top or a yellow top. I've got a small stereo, but I wanna have a battery that I know will work fine if I decide to add stuff to it. I'm pretty sure I am going to keep my mustang for a while so I want something to last a while, and supposedly the optima's have higher cranking amps than the normal batteries.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts