Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone knew if the D34/78 is the correct Optima Yellow top battery to run on an 03 Mach 1. I saw that American muscle sells the D34/78 to run on all 79-10 mustangs. My motorcraft oem went today and autozone had the D34/78 in stock for $224 so I picked it up. Autozone system didn't recognize that battery to be ran with the mach 1 so I called summit racing and they didn't know either. I then went to optimas website and to check by make and model and there wasn't even and option for the 03 mach. So I am hoping this is the correct battery for my mach if not I want to take it back. I would call optima directly but they are closed on the weekend. Any knowledgable help would be great appreciated.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody know any info I this subject?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I was wondering if anyone knew if the D34/78 is the correct Optima Yellow top battery to run on an 03 Mach 1. I saw that American muscle sells the D34/78 to run on all 79-10 mustangs. My motorcraft oem went today and autozone had the D34/78 in stock for $224 so I picked it up. Autozone system didn't recognize that battery to be ran with the mach 1 so I called summit racing and they didn't know either. I then went to optimas website and to check by make and model and there wasn't even and option for the 03 mach. So I am hoping this is the correct battery for my mach if not I want to take it back. I would call optima directly but they are closed on the weekend. Any knowledgable help would be great appreciated.
This should fit just fine. I ran the Optima Red Top in my 2004 Mach 1 and didn't have any issues at all!

I would recommend just attempting to install it and see how it goes. I don't think you'll have any problems at all!

-Dan

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
It will work just fine. On a side note, I would return the battery then buy it back again using their online website. You usually save 15-20% and can do it right in the store on a smart phone and pick it up right there..

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies guys its still currently on there and seems to be working fine. On a good note it does fire up quicker now.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys its still currently on there and seems to be working fine. On a good note it does fire up quicker now.
Good to hear! You'll be in good shape. That battery is awesome!

-Dan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts