Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please don't tell me to buy a MGW, lol,

I just want a larger shift ball than what comes standard with the Hurst. The one problem I have with it (the shifter) is that the ball is so small, my fingers are in contact with the "set bolt" and its irritating. I found the Roush Retro, sent email, but no replies...

"Roush 2005+ Retro Style 5-Speed Shift Knob - Black"
ao chip do boi cao cap xe day doi vay lien cong so nu ban buon chup anh quang cao
Anyone know?

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
thats terrible when we have to preface every post regarding a short throw with, "please dont tell me to by an MGW" Those MGW guys are like the nazi's of the short throw world.

I know what you mean, i had a hurst and it is irritating when you fingers rub that bolt. Dont know of any bigger balls though. You dont like the other hurst handle?

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
i didn't realize there were so many people on this forum that had small balls

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
thats terrible when we have to preface every post regarding a short throw with, "please dont tell me to by an MGW" Those MGW guys are like the nazi's of the short throw world.

I know what you mean, i had a hurst and it is irritating when you fingers rub that bolt. Dont know of any bigger balls though. You dont like the other hurst handle?

We're just looking to steer people into making the correct and most enjoyable decision... :D

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
We're just looking to steer people into making the correct and most enjoyable decision... :D
luis my girl got me the black ball and chrome stick thingy lol. she said she ordered it with the stop kit thingy, what is that?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
You dont like the other hurst handle?
Other one? Humm, unless you mean the T-handle not sure which one you speak of? I've only seen one other for the Hurst, says "Hurst" on each side, assumed it's the same other than the name? They (Hurst) are supposed to be sending me a new ball, mine was slightly damaged out of the box. We'll see which one they send.

We're just looking to steer people into making the correct and most enjoyable decision...
I'm fine with my decision, thanks. Do you post about anything else? LOL.
ao lot nu do boi dep xe day cao cap cho be vay lien cong so quan ao ban buon cho thue trang phuc
About the stock knob, that' what I've got on it now, better than the ball at this point and makes the throw even shorter, with less leverage however. With the taller chrome and ball, it's perfect, except of course the "nut" problem.

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
luis my girl got me the black ball and chrome stick thingy lol. she said she ordered it with the stop kit thingy, what is that?
Return the stop kit, you don't need it... the 3650 has internal stops... MGW says its NOT recomended to put in the stop kit.

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
Other one? Humm, unless you mean the T-handle not sure which one you speak of? I've only seen one other for the Hurst, says "Hurst" on each side, assumed it's the same other than the name? They (Hurst) are supposed to be sending me a new ball, mine was slightly damaged out of the box. We'll see which one they send.

About the stock knob, that' what I've got on it now, better than the ball at this point and makes the throw even shorter, with less leverage however. With the taller chrome and ball, it's perfect, except of course the "nut" problem.

The hight is fixed with the stocker... that sucks... but, I just adjusted the hight on mine to about the same hight as the stocker see if I can finish of my second gear synchro and see if ford will finally fix my shitty transmission.

having it low makes gear selection harder...

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Return the stop kit, you don't need it... the 3650 has internal stops... MGW says its NOT recomended to put in the stop kit.
ok i just wrote them.. does the shifter stop kit come seperate or does it actually come connected in some kind of way to the shifter?

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
I never bought the stop kit... so can't really say... but I bet it comes separate since you have to order it separetly...

Edit: that sentence sounds redundant...

·
Registered
11,947 Posts

Yea i was talking about the t handle.

steeda also sells a chrome stick and black ball for theirs. I dont think the ball is bigger but there is no bolt on the bottom to hit your fingers

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
I never bought the stop kit... so can't really say... but I bet it comes separate since you have to order it separetly...

Edit: that sentence sounds redundant...
hopefully it does come separate just in case they shipped it already. i didnt pay for it so i dont care if we dont get the money back lol

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
dont need the stop kit...it will wrecky your tranny if u instally..

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Yea i was talking about the t handle.

steeda also sells a chrome stick and black ball for theirs. I dont think the ball is bigger but there is no bolt on the bottom to hit your fingers
Damn the printed shift pattern, no other reason you can't just screw down the ball til it's tight and lose the nut. lol. I'd be happy to find a blank ball as well.
bo do lot nu goi cam do boi xe day cho be vay cong so nu ban buon quan ao album anh cuoi dep
LOL!! Yet ANOTHER shifter thread goes off-topic by the same two MGW fanboys! :p They really should pay you two a per-post commission.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts