Modded Mustang Forums banner

Order some new parts :D

1K views 26 replies 8 participants last post by  Tigerwhite1 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok, so I've always heard good things from AmericanMuscle, and finally ordered some things from them yesterday. Can't wait to get them in and on the car! :D

Black Bullitt Style Mustang Fuel Door
Mach 1 Mustang Grille Delete Kit
Mach 1 Grille Delete Frame - 3rd Piece
Mustang 3rd Brake Light Decal
Dupli-Color Brake Caliper Paint Kit - Red
14-inch Fixed Black Antenna

I also ordered some VHT Nightshades on ebay. :)

And I'm working on another special project for the interior, should have the rest of the parts in this week for it, and will post pics if everything turns out ok. :cool:

#4 ·
I will post some pics when I get the stuff in... I went with 2-day shipping because I would like to have it all on by friday. There is a car show here on saturday I would like to attend :D Unfortunately, I've got the e-mail saying they've recieved my order, but not one that says its been shipped...:(

#5 ·
standard shipping is 2 day shipping for me :D but that might be because I'm in a neighboring state...lol

I just ordered suspension parts yesterday, and they'll be in tomorrow :cool:

#6 ·
lucky :mad: lol, it's an estimated 3 days with UPS for my state.

I noticed I didn't receive an e-mail stating that my parts had been shipped, so I called a few minutes ago, turns out my grill delete is out of stock, and usually takes 2-3 weeks to get in :(

They are going to ship my other parts today tho, maybe they will still make it in time for the car show Saturday :D

as for the special interior project, everything is going good so far, and I estimate I will have the parts in and completed pics up by tomorrow night :cool:

#7 · (Edited)
what part of the grille delete did you get? the whole 3 peice set?

kind of curious of what the ones from AmericanMuscle are like... cause I got mine from Stangmods, but it didn't have the little lip that holds the bottom peice to the bumper like they show in this video... How To Install A Mach 1 Mustang Grille Delete - Installation Instructions at AmericanMuscle.com
I had to use double sided tape, which was a pain in the ass to get to stick to the bumper without showing in the crack...

plus the whole thing didn't fit very well at all... like it wasn't wide enough... pissed me off :mad:

#9 ·
Yeah, I got the whole 3 piece set. It was an extra $35, but I think it will be worth it. I'll be sure to post detailed pics of everything with it, and the install.

I believe the third piece is the black part behind the pony, not the part on the bumper your talking about.

#8 ·
Itali stang... Mine was like that as well, but rather than use double sided tape I laid down a heavy bead of silicone, pt the delete in place and put a little weight on top of it to hold the front edge down good and tight over night so the silicone wouldnt squeeze out or show. looks perfect.

#13 ·
Thanks, I was really looking forward to getting it (already took the stock grill off in preperation ;) ) but it looks like the delete will have to wait a few weeks :(

I would really like to have the chin spoiler also. I might see about ordering one in the next month or so, when I have some more money, lol.

hm, maybe I should just sell my sixxer :tomato and get a mach 1... the 4V would be nice :D

#15 ·
:eek: now that's an idea...:yes
or get a Mach 1 and keep the sixxer till the 2014 stang is released, and trade the six in for one of those.

2003/4 Mach 1 and 2014 stang :cool:

#17 ·
Well, from what they've done in the past, I'm going to assume, yes. But it will be the 50th anniversary, so I figure there will be some special editions :D which is what I would like to have. Could be wrong tho :dunno

#18 ·
Ok, well great news on the interior project :D I've got everything almost the way I want it. I'll be making a few adjustments, and hope to have it perfect by next week sometime, I have a few small things to order, which should be in by Tuesday of next week. :cool:

As for the AM parts, they are scheduled to arrive today. I can't wait to get them in!!! Until then, I'm going to see about cleaning my car for the show, got lots of work to do!

Hope to post pics of the interior sometime today, if not, then definately by tomorrow night guys. I love the way it has turned out so far :eek:

#19 ·
Ok, so I got the stuff from AM, and VHT nightshades in on friday. I still haven't tinted the tails and side markers, and I've still got to put on the brake caliper paint, and the grill delete was out of stock .... but I did get the antenna and fuel door on, lol.

I know I know, I still haven't posted pics, I have some on my phone, and camera, I will try to get them up sometime today.

Didn't end up putting the car in the show after all, lol. Decided to wait till I had more things done.

#20 · (Edited)
Ok, Sorry about the long overdue pics, not the best quality b/c they were taken with my phone, but here they are. I will get a better one of the fuel door and short antenna today. still haven't got the grill delete in :( and haven't had time to do the tint or paint the calipers. Hopefully soon tho...

If anyone has any questions about the lighting, feel free to ask. I took plenty of pics while doing it :D

#22 ·
Awesome, I thought they might, but it was just a suspicion. Glad to hear it might be true ;)

And Thanks :D I will definately get some better quality ones taken today/tonight. And a close up of the fuel door.

I should be able to get a much clearer image then that, but I was in a hurry, I didn't even really check how they turned out until later. lol

#23 ·
Let me give you some tips on the caliper... as I did this as well. I bought the spray can form from Autozone (same thing from AM, cheaper).

Buy you some sand paper. I only went down to 320 grit, but the metal on the caliper could easily take some 100grit --> 200grit --> 320grit.

Buy you some primer and an automotive clear coat.

Wash the calipers with a mixture of dawn/water in a spray bottle and a rag. Dry after done washing. Spray some degresser on it as well, let it soak, then dry.

Sand in this order 100 > 200 > 320 > 400 > 600 > 800 > 1000 No need to go higher, but you can if you want. At this point you will have a almost burshed metal look to the caliper.

Spray a coat of primer, sand it starting with 400 - 1000. Spray another thin coat and sand that one. Begin with your color coats 2-3 coats will do good very lightly sanding with 1000grit between each coat. Now spray thin layers of clear, as many as you want. Sand each coat with 1000. If you want really good results, sand each coat with 1000 > 1500 > 2000. Remember, this is the finishing, so wet sand very lightly.

After it is completely dry, use some buffing compound with light light pressure.

You will have a very durable and shiny finish on the calipers. I did mine about a year ago and they are just now starting to lose the gloss from the clear. I need to sand down whats left of the clear and add one color layer and reclear.

If you want eaiser to read step by step let me know.. this was rattled off from the top of my head.

#24 ·
Here is where I did mine:

You can see how shiny the paint gets. Keep in mind that was about 1/2 dry.

I will take some pics for ya later to show ya how good it holds up with this method. Its alot of work, but worth it.

#25 · (Edited)
Hey man, Thanks, That looks great. I wasn't sure if i should clear them or not, I didn't know if it would hold up to the heat. Thanks for the info :)

Hope to get this done in the next week or so... how long did you wait between coats? and how long was it before you drove your car again after this?

I really Like how they did this, I was wondering if anybody had an tips? I was thinking do the red first, let it dry, then get a stencil, and spray the black over it? then clear? And if anyone know where I could get a stencil for that or how to make one, I would appreciate knowing :D

#26 ·
I really did not have a set time inbetween coats. I just suggest you find something else to do in between coats. I used a hair dryer to heat/prep the surface and aid in the drying a tad bit. Plus the clear attachs better with heat.

I can not see pics at work... so no idea about what you last posted. Will see when I get home :D

#27 ·
lol, ok. noted. :)

And It was a pic from AM that a user sent in with the painted calipers... they had "mustang" painted in black on the red caliper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.