Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

I impulsively ordered some 99-04 saleen 5 spoke reps in white, +24mm offset 18x9/18x10. I want to try them on my 2009 and really hope they fit/look good but if they stick out too much or feel off i plan on throwing them on my 1997 GT project. What do you all think they will look like? Cool? Lame? Dangerous? I haven't seen any 05-09s with white 5 spoke saleens and not many at all with white wheels. Thanks a lot! Happy New Year!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think they might but I'm hoping for a miracle or something, either way they'll look great on my 97 GT and I can always get some proper offset wheels just not this cheap! I got them for a steal off ebay 400 for all shipped.

·
Make Me Squirt
2,455 Posts
Theyll stick out and look terrible
Yup. The rear ones will stick out and look like that awful ricer fad from the 90s where one would buy tiny wheels that stick way the hell out there.

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
Yup. The rear ones will stick out and look like that awful ricer fad from the 90s where one would buy tiny wheels that stick way the hell out there.
We used to call that "Frogged" and was really big in the mini truck scene.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
94-04 yes. They didn't last long before being placed back on my truck

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its aggressive if anything
I agree, at first I was skeptical but I actually like it! it's my car so that's all that matters!

Wrapped them in NT555 front and 305/40/18 NT555R out back! Aggressive for sure, and boy does it hook now.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Looks good man! I'm also running those 555r's in 305/40/18. They hook great!

·
No longer Maching out...
3,368 Posts
I'm not digging how far the rears stick out. I do like the white on white combo though!

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
Yep, the rims look great on your car. But the back end just looks off. Got any pics from directly behind the car, maybe a low angle shot?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks a lot guys! I really appreciate your input. I agree the back is a little off at first because they stick out a bit but it honestly does not look bad in person. It is aggressive but either way I may just buy some proper offset rear wheels and leave the fronts. As for the tires they hook up great! I had heard a lot of reviews saying they weren't too great but I don't think I would need any more grip at my power level/driving habits. It really got the wheel spin under control but I've only drivin them in 40 degree weather so I know they'll do better in the spring/summer. Noise levels the same as with my regular tires and these actually have a way better driving feel to them.

Here you go Boss

For some reason I believe the driver side sticks out just a tad more?

·
Registered
15 Posts
If one side sticks out farther than the other, you most definitely need an adjustable panhard bar to center the rear axle.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm going to go ahead and order one tomorrow. My vehicle is lowered a tad.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts