Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
ExPeNsIvE HoBbY
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after seein a ton about foam guns, and since I sold my pressure washer to my buddy a year ago I figured I need one.

Does this model do well for a foam gun? And will my Meguiar's Deep Crystal Car Wash work ok with this unit?

Not looking for a detailing "arsenal" but something safer than a bucket of soap and a mitt lol.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
It'll buff out...
5,379 Posts
I've heard its the best foam gun you can get that isn't a cannon f a pressure washer. If I were you I'd invest in a soap designed for a foam gun such as chemical guys honeydew snowfoam. (Meguires soap is terrible imo anyway.) And bucket and mitt? I'd suggest getting another bucket and 2 grit guards for them.

·
ExPeNsIvE HoBbY
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You got ripped off horribly. I charge like 50-100$ for that depending on the size. Brush on paint? I woulda SCREAMEDDD at him.

Lmao! I'm not an idiot lol, he ain't going anywhere near my car! Our company truck and a few employees here use him. If he offered a free detail I'd decline lol.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Lol I def will.

On a side note, guy that details our company truck, charges like $200 for a wash, wax, and interior detail.

The guy was using an RV brush! No way I would use a brush and charge $200! Wtf?

You got ripped off horribly. I charge like 50-100$ for that depending on the size. Brush on paint? I woulda SCREAMEDDD at him.

Well it depends on the kind of truck too, if its like a ford e350 then yea, the guy is an idiot, but if its like a semi truck or RV type truck, then its kind of understood if he uses it on the trailer/bed part. But he shouldnt be using it on the truck or cab part.

Either way, big truck or not, i wouldnt use a brush lol.

Lmao! I'm not an idiot lol, he ain't going anywhere near my car! Our company truck and a few employees here use him. If he offered a free detail I'd decline lol.

Its an unfortunate fact that many "Professional" Detailers do stupid **** like that.

OP, the foamgun was a good buy, just need 2 buckets and Grit gaurds now.

·
ExPeNsIvE HoBbY
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well it depends on the kind of truck too, if its like a ford e350 then yea, the guy is an idiot, but if its like a semi truck or RV type truck, then its kind of understood if he uses it on the trailer/bed part. But he shouldnt be using it on the truck or cab part.

Either way, big truck or not, i wouldnt use a brush lol.

Its an unfortunate fact that many "Professional" Detailers do stupid **** like that.

OP, the foamgun was a good buy, just need 2 buckets and Grit gaurds now.
Lol it was a 2500 dodge and a f350, def no reason for a brush lol.

And ya got lots of clean buckets but def need a new and better mitt, and grit guards for sure.

Also a pad cleaner would be nice for my 9" rotary polisher. PITA cleaning my cutting and polishing pads right now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts