Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So within the next week, my MM flsfc's are being welded on, and then shortly after that, my panhard bar will be coming in. And something I thought I'd share... I have heard many times that with MM's phb, you can get rid of one UCA to create a "poor man's 3-link." So I called MM today and I was assured that this is only a myth. I was told that the "poor man's 3-link" is a nice experiment to see what the added benefits of a torque are setup will be, however, it should only be done as an experiment, aka short term. Which makes sense because ridding yourself of one puts double the load on the other one, and according to MM, after a month, the bushings on the single UCA were shot.

A torque arm is also in my near future :shiftyeyes

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
Might want to also order their adjustable rear sway while your at it. It will only make the PHB and TA that much better. If you do that you'll pretty much have the rear end buttoned up.

Next on the list....K-member, Caster/Camber plates, LCA's and coilovers!

John

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Might want to also order their adjustable rear sway while your at it. It will only make the PHB and TA that much better. If you do that you'll pretty much have the rear end buttoned up.

Next on the list....K-member, Caster/Camber plates, LCA's and coilovers!

John
Yep, I hear ya. Already got LCA's though :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
just installed my panhard bar and lca arms, and love the diffrence.cant wait to install a ta but first got to install my k-member kit.

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
"... I have heard many times that with MM's phb, you can get rid of one UCA to create a "poor man's 3-link." So I called MM today and I was assured that this is only a myth. I was told that the "poor man's 3-link" is a nice experiment to see what the added benefits of a torque are setup will be, however, it should only be done as an experiment, aka short term. Which makes sense because ridding yourself of one puts double the load on the other one, and according to MM, after a month, the bushings on the single UCA were shot... "
This is something I have always heard as well and actually saw it on the Griggs website at one point. I cannot find it any longer, but will ask John next time I see him. I never liked the idea either, but like you said, lots of us have heard it many times :dunno

Glad to see you are aligning yourself with the true path of automobile performance driving :D

Jazzer & his pepes ganging up on the quarter-crowd :)

·
Premium Member
2,706 Posts
Wear a diaper the first time you drive it :D

Thanks for the info about the upper control arm. As for the panhard bar, are you installing it yourself? They really aren't that expensive especially if I could install it myself.

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wear a diaper the first time you drive it :D

Thanks for the info about the upper control arm. As for the panhard bar, are you installing it yourself? They really aren't that expensive especially if I could install it myself.
I am going to install it myself. Looks fairly simple. Here's the instructions: http://www.maximummotorsports.com/content/install/pdf/rear_susp/MMPB99Ar4.pdf.

This is something I have always heard as well and actually saw it on the Griggs website at one point. I cannot find it any longer, but will ask John next time I see him. I never liked the idea either, but like you said, lots of us have heard it many times

Glad to see you are aligning yourself with the true path of automobile performance driving

Jazzer & his pepes ganging up on the quarter-crowd
:D And btw, I like the new sig pic ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts