Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered 3.73's, O/R Prochamber, and ceramic coated MAC Lt's.

Has anyone ever installed the MAC LT's? I'm hoping they don't have any fitment issues. I'll let you know how the install goes.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
I love new goodies!! I use to have a prochamber it sounded great.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I ordered 3.73's, O/R Prochamber, and ceramic coated MAC Lt's.

Has anyone ever installed the MAC LT's? I'm hoping they don't have any fitment issues. I'll let you know how the install goes.
RAGEman, I have the same set up on my ride, it's very deep and throaty, you won't be disappointed. The fit was fine on the passenger side, but we had to disconnect the steering on the drivers side. :mad:If you are doing a backyard install, I feel for you, on a scale of 1 to 10 for a pain in the A** vote, I'd say it's an 8. two man job makes it a little better. it is worth the suffering though when you fire it up for the first time. Don't for get to pick up some nice gaskets! Good luck

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I'm sure someones installed them. :p

Ha, kidding, I havn't, but im sure someone can tell you how it'll go.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
RAGEman, I have the same set up on my ride, it's very deep and throaty, you won't be disappointed. The fit was fine on the passenger side, but we had to disconnect the steering on the drivers side. :mad:If you are doing a backyard install, I feel for you, on a scale of 1 to 10 for a pain in the A** vote, I'd say it's an 8. two man job makes it a little better. it is worth the suffering though when you fire it up for the first time. Don't for get to pick up some nice gaskets! Good luck

+1 Drop the K or support the motor and pull the passanger side motor mount completly out. there are 2 bolts on that side that are a pain to get too. Plan a few hours for it, it is definatly work

·
Registered
92 Posts
+1 Drop the K or support the motor and pull the passanger side motor mount completly out. there are 2 bolts on that side that are a pain to get too. Plan a few hours for it, it is definatly work

Thanks Doc, I forgot about the motor mount :eek: I had so much crap apart at the time I was just finishing a complete swap! Details... Details....LOL

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
LOL. I know its a pain man. Me and Sweet2k did his when the tranny was out (for the 50th time,lol) tried to put the tranny back in and it wouldn't clear the headers. So we had to loosen the passanger side header, stab the tranny and re-tighten the passanger side. I am doing Macs on the Mach in a couple weeks and I am definatly getting a K-member. 100 times easier.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, it's just me in the garage. But I worked as a mechanic for several years, so none of this is completely new, but I'm sure it won't be easy. What gaskets do you recommend? Mr. Gasket?....I assume the ones that come with the headers are garbage.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I recommend Percy gaskets... they are reusable as well

by yourself, its going to be a lot lot lot of cussing!!

and pretty much everyone I know that has done LT's has only put 2 of the 3 starter bolts back on. We went ahead and replaced my motor mounts when we did mine

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
LOL. I know its a pain man. Me and Sweet2k did his when the tranny was out (for the 50th time,lol) tried to put the tranny back in and it wouldn't clear the headers. So we had to loosen the passanger side header, stab the tranny and re-tighten the passanger side. I am doing Macs on the Mach in a couple weeks and I am definatly getting a K-member. 100 times easier.
I'm thinking of getting these headers aswell, I already have a tubular k member so then it should alot easier, right? or will I still need to drop it to squeeze them in?

·
Registered
638 Posts
I recommend Percy gaskets... they are reusable as well

by yourself, its going to be a lot lot lot of cussing!!

and pretty much everyone I know that has done LT's has only put 2 of the 3 starter bolts back on. We went ahead and replaced my motor mounts when we did mine
What kind of motor mounts did you get and where from?

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
I'm thinking of getting these headers aswell, I already have a tubular k member so then it should alot easier, right? or will I still need to drop it to squeeze them in?

The k makes it alot easier. With the 4v I haven't realy checked if you will have to drop it to get em around cuz I haven't bought mine yet:D
If you do its easier and lighter with the tubular k.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts