Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys i ordered my new King Cobra Clutch kit and a steeda clutch cable along with the 2 hook quadrant and the firewall adjuster

while i was at it i ordered the 8 inch antenna and chrome bumper inserts :)

·
Registered
962 Posts
king cobra= crap(i believe mustangmatt agrees)

8 in= wasted money as making yours a shorty takes 5 minutes and its free
chrome inserts= cool at first, you will kick yourself later...

nice clutch cable though...

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dam dont hate soo much why is the king cobra crap? it cant be worse than stock

·
Registered
962 Posts
dam dont hate soo much why is the king cobra crap? it cant be worse than stock
you may like it, i hated it... i put a stock one when i replaced mine after driving my buddys ranger with one... not hating just stating facts lol, they are mods(except for the clutch) that most stangers go with, just telling you how it is afterwards

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
you may like it, i hated it... i put a stock one when i replaced mine after driving my buddys ranger with one... not hating just stating facts lol, they are mods(except for the clutch) that most stangers go with, just telling you how it is afterwards
the KC is a bitch........

good clutch.......just a bitch and a half to step on

·
Registered
962 Posts
the KC is a bitch........

good clutch.......just a bitch and a half to step on
its like a really really rough rubber band, you will havto start taking steroids during the breakin period...

·
Registered
962 Posts
i've got the king cobra in my car now, i think its great, you guys must have really weak legs or something.
maybe you havnt felt a really good clutch then....

·
Registered
600 Posts
i have, not in my car but others, i've felt specs and other brands and they are easier. I actually like it being a little more firm maybe its just me. I just dont know why everyone on here says some parts are **** when they're not and most people that say that have never tried them they just believe everything they hear from someone else. Thats not directed towards you nes you may have tried it, i have no idea. I guess its just personal preference, the king cobra works very well for me and i dont think its too firm. But thats just me i guess

·
Registered
962 Posts
i have, not in my car but others, i've felt specs and other brands and they are easier. I actually like it being a little more firm maybe its just me. I just dont know why everyone on here says some parts are **** when they're not and most people that say that have never tried them they just believe everything they hear from someone else. Thats not directed towards you nes you may have tried it, i have no idea. I guess its just personal preference, the king cobra works very well for me and i dont think its too firm. But thats just me i guess
i understand what you mean, i hate seeing people just go off word of mouth, however i have tried it, and i said some like it others hate it. ive done quite a few, spec and the stock one being my favorite...

·
Registered
962 Posts
whats wrong with kind cobra that you didint like?? to stiff?? does it have good holding power?
like i said, u better stock up on steroids during the break in...

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
It is extremly stiff. Also it has say half an inch of play if that. Its like an on off switch. I have grown to drive my car and I dont think twice about it. But when I first got it, it was living hell.

But the part that i hate the most. Is that after about 5 hot laps at the track it starts slipping....

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well mustang compared to a ranger is def different and also thats why i got the steeda adjustable cable firewall adjuster and 2 hook quadrant

....haters

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
and anyway if it is firm thats better i like a little somethin on my pedals dont want them feathers and not to brag but im pretty ripped so it wont be an issue

·
Registered
217 Posts
king cobra clutch is a piece of ****. i had one for like 6 months then i went and got a ram clutch instead and its 100000 times better

·
Registered
962 Posts
well mustang compared to a ranger is def different and also thats why i got the steeda adjustable cable firewall adjuster and 2 hook quadrant

....haters
ranger was swapped with a pushrod backed by a t5, so the feel is gunna be the same.

i havnt even begun hating...

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ok well that is your opinion guys just because you dont like it doesnt mean it sucks i dont have much money so this is what i got and im sure i will like it

·
Registered
962 Posts
ok well that is your opinion guys just because you dont like it doesnt mean it sucks i dont have much money so this is what i got and im sure i will like it
if u didnt want an opinion, y wuld u post? to brag about spending money on shitty parts?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts