Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tonight i'm ordering my full exhaust and intake and tuner.

i want to know if this will all fit correctly please.

i need good headers under $400 L/T's!!!

then to a pypes o/r X

to a pypes violator cat-back!

then a sniper special forces tuner

a UPR cold air intake

i think thats it for now. thats all i can afford! lol

please include the best places to buy these items! thanks!!!

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
id skip on the long tubes for now and do it the right way and spend the extra money when you have it. you'll regret taking the shortcuts in the long run. plus at a shop i think its around 5-6 hrs of labor? <--- someone correct me

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my friend owns a shop and i'm getting it all done fo free! lol, but how much for a set that would fit, and is ceramic coated? like $480 for a set of MACs?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
IF you can spare the 80$ get the macs. you can get those from mac.com

-than the xpipe and cat back from american muscle

get the sniper tuner from who ever it is on here that does it forgot his name.

And the intake..get the brand you want used..look up in the for sale or look for the brand you want on ebay, you can save some cash there.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
headers Mustang Headers

midpipe Pypes 409 Stainless Steel Off-Road X-pipe (99-04 GT)

cat-back Pypes 409 Stainless Steel Violator Catback with Polished 304 Tips (98-04 GT)

talk to Juggalo_X for sniper tuners I think, I don't remember the username for the company rep here... so just PM him

and UPR CAI Unlimited Performance Racing Products On-Line - 1996 - 2004 4.6L Mustang GT Aluminum Cold Air Intake Kit

these are just from sites I know that have a good reputation

take a look in our vendor section here, I think the sites I listed are authorized vendors, and some of them even give discounts, AM does for sure, and I think I saw something about contacting UPR from here for a discount

Authorized Vendors Forum

·
Registered
927 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
mustangmatt is right, you need shorty xpipe...

I just didn't notice that when I was looking for it, speed shopping really, lol

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
That one is to bolt up to the stock manifold/shorties. You need to buy mid pipe for the LT's or if your friend doesnt mind the extra work he can cut down that midpipe to fit the LT's

·
Registered
221 Posts
these guys(blueovalindustries) sucks try calling the tel # first see how hard it is to speak to anyone.
Thats where i got my exhaust and headlights from, called my order in. Ive founf that with alot of these Ebay sellers its hit or miss with customer service. The place i got my UPR CAI from was a freaking JOKE. lies, lies and more lies, sent back shitty kit they sent the first time and got one straight from UPR. Total 3 weeks+ for a CAI. Makes me want to open my own store around here and treat people right. LOL

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
^ yep that one will work..as long as its a shortie mid pipe..and i think the bassani can unbolt..but thats too much money IMO

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
yeah, might be a bit much, I would get the pypes, or just have the shop custom fab a midpipe

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well i'm willing to get that bbk o/r H pipe but will it sound that much different between the H and the X?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
its going to sound good no matter if you get the x or H. with LTS and an off road mid pipe and after market cat back its hard to make that sound bad. The only thing i would do is dump the exhaust and not get a catback and just buy the mufflers, that would also save you some money so you can buy more stuff that you want in your garage;)

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
someone correct me if I'm wrong, but i believe it's

x-pipe = better flow, sometimes raspy

h-pipe = deeper sound, not as good flow as x

1 - 20 of 49 Posts