Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be painting my car this weekend. It was hit by a flat bed tow truck in the parking lot at my work a fiew months ago and I am finally ready to paint it... I am also doing a color change from white to kona blue... should look pretty sharp as the pearl in the kona blue should look good with the sharp lines of my 00 GT. I'll do a write up if anyone is interested (From start to finish... I have pics of the repairs as well as will be taking photos of the actual painting process... step by step... ) Fortunatly I have a great boss that is letting me bring my car in this weekend to paint it... ( I work in a bodyshop...) Off I go...

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
:withhomo

·
mustangoholic
356 Posts
:withstupid

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
^just a whore in general.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alright... Here are some pics... The total time this weekend was appx 40 hours working on the car... (Total time appx 50 hours....) Here are some shots...

Before

After....

I'll take some finished photos this week and get them put up.....

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
:drool

That looks sextacular :rockon

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
even the side mirrors i see it looks good hope the color lasts on them since they were originally a textured piece. need some pics of the finished product how much did it run you in the end total cost?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here are some completed pics... (it's been raining all frickin day and they are not hte best... but here ya go.. )

as far as the painted mirrors... we sanded all of the texture off of them and primed them before painting them.... the color will hold up just like any other painted plastic parts...and cost... total project cost was $450.00 for materials and $50.00 for food and drinks... (Oh, and about 40 hours over the weekend... we started at 5:00 friday and finished 6:00 sunday... with minimal sleep inbetween.... )

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
I love that color under the light. I don't know if it was because the paint was wet or what, but it looked amazing.

Get you some smoked headlights and the front will look spectacular.

I wish I had the know how and worked at a shop so I could repaint my car. I would love to repaint it the same color it is now. Would be vibrant as heck.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I love that color under the light. I don't know if it was because the paint was wet or what, but it looked amazing.

Get you some smoked headlights and the front will look spectacular.

I wish I had the know how and worked at a shop so I could repaint my car. I would love to repaint it the same color it is now. Would be vibrant as heck.
Heck yes, thats something I would love to learn how to do

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Finaly got the cobra fog light bezels and side scoop grills in yesterday from White ford... (Got hooked up...) I'll try to get some pics up tonight..... (Worst case will be this weekend...)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts