Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so F*cking pissed its not even funny.

ok im trying to get my 92 back on the road and i was looking at it and i never noticed this before but there is black overspray on my damn car. looks like the last owner decided to pain the door handles and seems they did a half assed job on it. well theres a pretty big spot where they dint cover it up good and the black paint blew around that spot that was covered. and also a little on the roof as well. i am pissed.

ok my question is how do i get this black overspray off with out hurting the clear coat and the paint on the car. i need to get this **** off.

is there anything i can use thats safe to take it off. it may be krylon paint

·
Registered
538 Posts
rubbing compound wheel it out, go to your local auto paint store they'll get you the right stuff or take your car to a detail shop and tell them exactly what you want

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just take it to a shop , a good shop that speacilizes in painting.....tell them what you want. Hittin it with rubbing compound will take that clear coat right off. It has a grit in the compound and using it on the buffer will scratch the **** out of it. Paint shops have diff compound the name has skipped my mind, that will fix your problem while using a buffer.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I believe they wil actually use a rouge (sp?) Ive seen it done but not actually attempted it myself. They should have it in all sorts of different grades. Amything from buffing a scratch to polishing aluminum. It comes in a block like sculpting clay and they just run the buffer wheel thru it then buff away.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont even think im gonna worry about it. im gonna get it inspected and get new brakes on it and a few other stuff and sell the damn thing. im tired of dealing with this car.

ill sell it and get a nice 86 GT for a toy

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah defenatley care to know. where can i get this stuff at. will an auto store have it?

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
the clay is the ****

1 - 11 of 11 Posts