Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've known for a while that I had a bad O2 sensor but I kept putting off replacing it until now (the stang is blowin through gas). I went to Advanced Auto to get the code pulled and it came up as P1131 (the dumbass working there claimed it wasn't a bad O2 sensor so I didn't pick one up tonight but I did my research and sure enough it is). So it's the bank 1 upstream O2 sensor that I need to replace. But I'm not totally sure where the upstream O2 sensors are located. I know bank 1 is passenger side, I just don't know where to start looking for the sensor :p

·
Registered
281 Posts
So I've known for a while that I had a bad O2 sensor but I kept putting off replacing it until now (the stang is blowin through gas). I went to Advanced Auto to get the code pulled and it came up as P1131 (the dumbass working there claimed it wasn't a bad O2 sensor so I didn't pick one up tonight but I did my research and sure enough it is). So it's the bank 1 upstream O2 sensor that I need to replace. But I'm not totally sure where the upstream O2 sensors are located. I know bank 1 is passenger side, I just don't know where to start looking for the sensor :p
the upstream sensor is the sensor closest to your header/manifold before the catalytic converters. you will need an O2 sensor socket to get it on and off.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Alright thanks. Hopefully I'll get this bad boy changed here soon :)
Good luck i just got both my oxygen sensors changed, cause i tried the 02 sensor tool and 7/8 wrench. i nearly went crazy :eek: trying to do it on my own. i had a buddy of mine do it with an impact gun. we broke the old sensor tip of and thats the only way he got the bad boy to come of

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
The way I did it was to disconnect the connectors for both front sensors and unbolt the converter assembly from the manifolds to let it drop down. Then a 22mm box wrench and some tapping on the wrench handle with a hammer will get it loose. The new sensor should come with some high temperature anti seize.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Its not that hard...ive done mine quite a few times

1 - 9 of 9 Posts