Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a 1996 mustang gt. it has done this to me a few times in the past but my dad was always there and got it running. so i thought nothing of it. but recently got into a small wreck and the p.a.t.s system has been acting up since.

the car starts and dies imediatly and the theft lte in my car just flashes.

i have tried diconecting the battery for more tham an hour
the fancy lock unlock thing( this has always worked in the past but my dad has done it so i dont really know how to do it).
i have also tried the spare key and that does the same thing

i know i need a new transpnder key and i will go get one as soon as i can get my car started. but i also know that i can get my car started amd running in the meantime until i can get one

i have a yputube link of what is happening that i will post right after this

also i am sorry for the terrible grammer, spelling, and post layout. it is 6 in the morning and i just layed down to go to bed after working on this problem all night. plus i am typing this on my phone.
i hope to see some solutioms when i wake up.
thanks guys

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
+1
I dont know which tuners will turn off PATS, I know my SCT wont, but Ive herad that some can

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do you happen to know a link to a guide for doing that because i do happen to have a handle held tuner

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
If you dont have the manual, just do some google searching for your particular tuner

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just flip the key from off to on and eventually you'll be able to hear the fuel pump kick on idk why it works but it does for me at least hope this helps!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts