Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A customer of mine came into the store and told me that he had a set of Bullet heads and intake that he wants gone. Like come and pick up gone. He owns a local performance shop but only a select few of the GM and Dodge performance car. He just happen to build a motor for friend of a friend. Anyways is there any difference between GT and Bullet cams? On a stock (minor bolt ons)NON PI motor what kind of power would I be looking at?

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
To be honest with you, the bullitt is going to perform nearly as well as the Trickflow. Now if you dont want it, I call first dibs. But i think you may have to get new fuel rails and other things like that to use the bullitt. I would look into it if I were you...

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
matts right about it being just as good...........

to use the bullit properly u need the proper plenum/tb combo........

i believe it's the same as the 99 n 01 cobra's......

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
I'm pretty sure you will need a new alternator bracket as well.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Think that I might just sell the Bullit intake and order the Ford Racing one. Since it just bolts on and I will not need to worry about all of the switching over of parts.

·
Registered
748 Posts
to my knowledge the cams are the same between the gt and bullitt. thats what ive been told so far....if you find out different, please let me know. i have a pair of 01 bullitt heads w/ cams id like to do something with.

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
I know! I know! I KNOW! Heads and cams are the same, but you need a different alt bracket and alternator (Cobra style), TB, air inlet, MAF, coolant tubes (under the lower intake) fuel rails, and several other odds and ends. I would love to see a dyno comparo of the Bullitt to Track Heat as they look similar in design. As for me, I'll keep mine.:p

And if you must know, the torque curve with the Bullitt intake is AWESOME and about as flat and broad as you can ask for.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts