Modded Mustang Forums banner

P.I. swap :)

697 views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  96GtGoodz 
#1 ·
Well my x girls uncle i spoke with him he said for 2-300 he would do it for me

#3 ·
i feel the heads arent worth it at this point for me so he is putting in the P.I. cams for me then im gonna get the P.I. intake manifold do that myself and then CAI pulleys tuner exhaust

i got the cams on ebay

30 bucks FTW!!

#5 ·
you need an adapter kit to put the pi intake mani onto non pi heads, thats why most do the heads at the same time.

imo the heads are the main thing to the swap.
npi heads are the weak point in the 98- motors. with the pi heads your upping your compression as well as opening alot more breathing room in her. you can almost pull a 25hp gain from the pi swap alone.
a pi swapped 98 gt will put out more than a 99-04 pi motor hands down.

you wont see the same gains from just swapping the cam as apose to the heads,plus for the price/work of swapping your cam its almost smarter to do the whole heads.

either way hope the swap goes well!

#6 · (Edited)
thres so much inaccuarcy in this statement

1. you fon't need an adapter plate, theres an enitre write up proving what u said is wrong
2. u gain on average 35-40 PEAK rwhp with the complete swap, and 30-35 PEAK rwhp with just the intake and cams.
3. i myself have only the cams and intake, and i pull on PI gts like it's my dayjob with just a set of 4.10's. He's having it done for cheap as a hook up, so comparing the price is just pointless
4. the weak point is the restrictive intake, not the heads. Yes, they do flow better, but not enough. Most of the power comes from the manifold and cams on PI cars.

#10 ·
ill have to read the write up. that was what i was going to do before i ended up building the heads. from my experience,there was just too much offset from the valve oppenings.

as for gain numbers. i have a hard time beleiving that with the heads you only gain 5-10 horse over the old ones. a set of ported npi heads i could see,but a set of stock npi vs a pi you will see a big difference. like i said before the main reason to do the swap is the compression jump from the pi heads/intake combo flowing more.
these mod engines are like puzzles kinda. a new intake mani is nice,but wont do much with restrictive heads, and so on.
its like the typhoon,p51 or the victor jr intakes. there useless unless you have some work done. on there own you might see a 15hp gain.
as for you pulling on gts i have no doubt. but the kicker is the 410s makes all the difference.

#11 ·
I agree with u on those intakes being junk unless u have the motor to push them.

but i disaggre with u on where that power is coming from. Don't get me wrong, they are benieficial, but not when it comes down to modding ur car on a cheap dime. Which is what he's doing.

#12 ·
yea i know what you mean. i was in the same boat last year and have been doing research since lol. i decided to go the fully built route though so i just saved my hass off. heads this winter, internals next winter. then probably nitrous. lots lol.

with all the work done though i personally think suspension work was the best mod ive done yet. maximum motorsports max grip box. handles like shes on rails now.

#13 ·
id get it all ported while you have the chance, get the pi heads and get them ported to, and doesnt a full P.i. swap raise the compression, id say the heads would def be worth it when ported

#14 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.