Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im new here and i have been searching over the forums and didnt find anything thats helps me about these code, i have the p0122 makes my mstang getting high rpms and i need to change gear its a manual 5 speed to get it down and already changed twice the tps the first one i bought doesnt look the same that my 6er have from the dealer its a 3.8L 2000 v6 so i go back and change it for the one that is for the gt, that one looks exactly like the original both of these is from advance auto parts but still doesnt work oh and i also changed the iac valve these one is from autozone. also i get another code its the U0000 i dont know if its related or something.

Please help :(

·
Registered
730 Posts
:welcome

someone correct me if im wrong but the IAC and TPS work together and you have to have one that coincides from the same year because one could throw the other one off.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
P0122 is TPS low voltage. Get the proper TPS for your vehicle. If the problem continues, have a look at the wiring and make sure it looks alright.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
P0122 is TPS low voltage. Get the proper TPS for your vehicle. If the problem continues, have a look at the wiring and make sure it looks alright.

yes i chek it out but thats the one that have auto zone and looks same that i replace it just that the original doesnt have a little spring and the new one has it

ohh and later i want to swap a 5.0 engine to these car do you suggest me a year model engine to extract the engine and swap it, i want to buy a 03-04 cobra engine but i dont want to mess arround with the sensors again :S correct me if im wrong but? its more cheap to fix an 5.0 engine 79-93 than the 03-04 cobra modular engine ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts