Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm throwing the code : Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected (no purge flow or large leak)

I've checked my vacuum lines and they aren't cracked or leaking, so now I'm curious what else can cause this? Is this a common code for a 2002 Mustang? I'm wondering if I need a new gas cap, or new evap purge solenoid (thats' the one in the front fender right?) I get this code often, and usually just delete, but it keeps coming back so I want it fixed!

I also will sometimes get the check gas cap light, and code P0457 instead of the P0455

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you know if I can just change the seal on the gas cap? There is a black rubber seal, if they sell it separate I would like to change that first, since I'm not 100% sure it's the gas cap.

·
Registered
692 Posts
i had same code. its the gas filler neck gasket, like where the hose goes from the gas cap to the tank. it will start leaking fuel on the ground on fill ups soon

·
Registered
72 Posts
No, where the filler neck enters the top of the tank there is a big rubber gasket. its going to be messed up. same problem with mine. just replace the gasket. best thing to do is just drop the tank and get a perfect seal. not to hard..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts