Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 15yrs, the ol’ girl is finally getting some boost! I picked up a p1-sc2 with an old cast aluminum procharger 3 core intercooler and a power pipe. It has a 3.9 pulley. l Already have bbk long tubes with a bbk catted x pipe, straight through exhaust, c&l plenum, and 78mm TB, the internals are stock. It’ll have an aviator fuel pump with cobra 39# injectors and i have a BAP laying around if I need it. I’m getting close to dyno day and I’m wondering if I should swap in a smaller pulley before I have it tuned. Of all the info I’ve found on the p1sc2, which isn’t much, it seems to have a reputation for building boost lower in the rpms than the p1sc1. I assume that means a little more boost on top, too. What do you think? Play it safe, keep the 3.9? A 3.85 probably wont’t be a huge jump but is it worth it? Should I skip to 3.7? Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, my theory is thus: the old cast intercooler will rob a little boost but make up for it with colder, more dense air while the power pipe adds maybe 1lb so, combined with the less restrictive plenum, tb, and exhaust, I’m hoping to hit 7-8lbs with the 3.9 pulley….guess I’ll find out soon enough! I’ll update after the dyno, hopefully provide some insight into the p1sc2 performance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts