Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Isn't that just a blank code if you have a tune? Like the CEL light isn't on its just in the memory? My diablo always saw that code!! But my sct doesn't... so who knows. I think thats the p1000 code, not positive though. So somebody else can chime in :D

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know for a fact that it can be gotten rid of. I just need to know if I have to start over or if it will eventually go away.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeh i have become good freinds with this code it comes a gose as it likes ,, i think it has to do with the cycle of the pc when its testing just meen the cycle is not finished
I already did the entire cycle and portions of it multiple times though.

·
Registered
433 Posts
It does go away. If you cant get it to reset after one drive cycle (as you listed) you do have to park the car for like 8 hours and do it again. DO NOT reset it and start over. I have seen this code take anywhere from 20 to 500 miles to reset. Its a pain, but just stick the drive cycle.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It does go away. If you cant get it to reset after one drive cycle (as you listed) you do have to park the car for like 8 hours and do it again. DO NOT reset it and start over. I have seen this code take anywhere from 20 to 500 miles to reset. Its a pain, but just stick the drive cycle.
I just parked the car for 8 hours but I drove it a little bit already this morning. Do I have to wait another 8 hours and then do the cycle immediately upon starting it after the 8 hours?

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
hardhitter... i had this code popping up on the regular with that tune i got from Houston performance along with other BS codes. My good tuner got rid of it all and ive never had a code thrown and never seen that p1000 code again. Your tuner can get rid of it.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
ive heard the driving cycle usually never gets rid of it.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hardhitter... i had this code popping up on the regular with that tune i got from Houston performance along with other BS codes. My good tuner got rid of it all and ive never had a code thrown and never seen that p1000 code again. Your tuner can get rid of it.
I don't want the tuner to get rid of it because I need it to go away to pass inspection and he knows that. I don't have a houston performance tune anymore. It's the only code that comes up and I've got it to clear before when I had my last inspection, I'm just having trouble this time.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
you wil need to find out which readiness monitor is not set to get an accurate remedy. you must have a tune with all the obdii stuff turned on(rear o2's etc). the hardest one to set is the evap. monitor. you will have to clear(reset) computer,must have 3/4 to 7/8 tank of fuel, car must be cold(intial start-up),aits below 100* and cruise at a steady speed(60 mph) for about 10 miles.

as far as I know a tuner cannot get rid of the p1000 code, besides most insp. also check for the monitors being set as well as no p1000

Edit: noticed you have no cats,you will not set the cat eff. monitor. will need to put cats on car with the rear o2's on

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
limited... then how did my tuner get rid of it and the other 7 or 8 codes that Houston Performance left my car with? P1000 was one of them and it was like that for about 2-3 weeks. Never came back on after he tuned the car.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
limited... then how did my tuner get rid of it and the other 7 or 8 codes that Houston Performance left my car with? P1000 was one of them and it was like that for about 2-3 weeks. Never came back on after he tuned the car.
you sure it is gone? it does not set the check eng(service eng) light. are any of your monitors set? I am not saying I know for sure it can't be removed, just never heard of it being done

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
dont know. I have had my xcal pluggd up and nothing showed up. CEL light is never on so im assuming its gone. Car is as normal as ever.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
you wil need to find out which readiness monitor is not set to get an accurate remedy. you must have a tune with all the obdii stuff turned on(rear o2's etc). the hardest one to set is the evap. monitor. you will have to clear(reset) computer,must have 3/4 to 7/8 tank of fuel, car must be cold(intial start-up),aits below 100* and cruise at a steady speed(60 mph) for about 10 miles.

as far as I know a tuner cannot get rid of the p1000 code, besides most insp. also check for the monitors being set as well as no p1000

Edit: noticed you have no cats,you will not set the cat eff. monitor. will need to put cats on car with the rear o2's on
I have the cats on right now. He turned all the obdii stuff on but I don't know how to find out which readiness monitor isn't set. I already failed my inspection once so I only have one more try.

·
Registered
433 Posts
It was the other 7 or 8 codes that was keeping the p1000 code on. During a drive cycle if any trouble code is tripped, the monitors will NOT reset (p1000 will stay on). so once they turned off the other 7 or 8 codes, the system was able to reset and clear your p1000 code.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
It was the other 7 or 8 codes that was keeping the p1000 code on. During a drive cycle if any trouble code is tripped, the monitors will NOT reset (p1000 will stay on). so once they turned off the other 7 or 8 codes, the system was able to reset and clear your p1000 code.
+1 what he said :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts