Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is due for emissions by Friday and P1000 will not clear. I left the battery disconnected last night to reset the computer and drove about 130 miles today, but it is still there. I tried the recommended driving cycle, but got nothing. I did about 120 miles of easy driving, and I drove the crap out of it for a few minutes before I got home.

Is it possible that my tune could be preventing it from going through a drive cycle? I my tuner won't be open until Tuesday, so I can't ask him right now.

I did go get it tested today to see if it would some how pass, but it failed.

·
Registered
6,972 Posts
Which monitors arent set?

·
Registered
6,972 Posts
Which emissions monitor(s) is not set to "ready"? Evap? Egr? Catalyst?

Get a handheld scanner or go to any auto parts store to have a scan done. Their scanner should show emission monitors.

·
Registered
6,972 Posts

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm using my SCT X4 to scan for codes, and it only shows P1000. I don't know why my tuner would turn off a bunch of sensors when he knows I have to pass emissions, but I will ask him about it if I can't get P1000 to clear tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
should not take long to clear p1000. I can do it in less than a hour by following this

Ford Motor Company Driving Cycle
I did that, but I did not let it sit 8 hours. I just pulled the battery cable to reset the computer. I will do that sequence tonight, park it, and do it again tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
I did that, but I did not let it sit 8 hours. I just pulled the battery cable to reset the computer. I will do that sequence tonight, park it, and do it again tomorrow morning.
letting it sit is for the evap bypass, shouldn't need it. you have something in tune not allowing the p1000 to clear, contact tuner as he will be the one to help

my tuner gave me a tune that has all obd stuff turned on, runs like crap, I load, do drive cycle, test and reload the good tune. but you have to have all emission stuff on car...egr, cats etc

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Have you deleted egr or cats ?
No, the car still has all of the emissions stuff

Yo when you pull the battery it brings back the p1000. Stop doing that.
I know that, but I drove about 180 miles and it was still there. I read that the computer can basically freeze and not go through the drive cycle.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts