Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm lean on bank one after long tubes anyone had this happen to them after they installed long tubes.
heres what it actually says.

P1131- Lack of Upstream Heated Oxygen Sensor/Sensor Indicates Lean/Bank 1.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
damn that would suck i'm going to clear the code one more time and hopfully it dosent come back my buddy put long tubes on his car about 2 or 3 months ago and he threw codes for awile then it just stopped maybe i'll get that lucky lol:D

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
lol...can hope for miracles...how did you take the 02's out when you started the install

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol...can hope for miracles...how did you take the 02's out when you started the install
I made sure to be very carefull when i took them out and put them in i guess **** happens though. they came out very easy i guess when the pro chamber was installed they used anti seiz on the threads.

oh well that about my luck.:)

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
also check to make sure the wiring is not touching and melted thru
I made sure to get the wires away from any heat source i could and zipped tied them in place.thnx for the advice though.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll prolly just have to buy aa new one but if i have to buy a new one i might as well get both replaced. what do you guys think about me getting a wide band o2.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I made sure to be very carefull when i took them out and put them in i guess **** happens though. they came out very easy i guess when the pro chamber was installed they used anti seiz on the threads.

oh well that about my luck.:)
u have long tubes and a prochamber? id like to hear how that sounds. what kind of mufflers do u have?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
try swapping the 02 sensors and see if the problem stays the same or changes to the other bank.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
u have long tubes and a prochamber? id like to hear how that sounds. what kind of mufflers do u have?

i have flows they were on the car when i bought it. it kind of got really quite compared to just running the stock manifolds. i was suprised about that i thought it would get louder.

·
Registered
387 Posts
whos the other guy with LTs that was throwing codes? lets try to re-wire that bank one sensor and see what happens, can't hurt any more

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
whos the other guy with LTs that was throwing codes? lets try to re-wire that bank one sensor and see what happens, can't hurt any more
ok will do call me. and the other guy was you i thought u said that it threw a check engine light when you first put them on?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts