Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help here I have a p1132 and a p1152 codes both for bank1 and 2 rich. I can not figure out what my issue is . I have an 03 4.6 sohc 2v with a Procharger. My fuel setup is 42lb injectors, and cobra dual pumps and tank. My maf is Pmas maf calibrated for 42s. It's been tuned for almost two years now and I havnt changed a thing. I checked all my vacuum lines they were all good even my gauge was reading good. Fuel pressure koeo was around 40 running at idle around 30psi. The a/f at idle is reading 11to12.5. The 02 sensors at idle for the upstream are both in 900s not realy switching to much. I replaced the frps and still te same issue checked the iac looked at maf n it didn't look dirty and it's a blow thru setup. Does anyone have any clue I drove the car down to mustang week (10hrs) no problem and when I drove home about 5hrs in it three these codes and started bucking over 1/4th throttle. I'm stumped if anyone has any suggestions please say something I'm stuck over here!!!!

·
Registered
332 Posts
I need some help here I have a p1132 and a p1152 codes both for bank1 and 2 rich. I can not figure out what my issue is . I have an 03 4.6 sohc 2v with a Procharger. My fuel setup is 42lb injectors, and cobra dual pumps and tank. My maf is Pmas maf calibrated for 42s. It's been tuned for almost two years now and I havnt changed a thing. I checked all my vacuum lines they were all good even my gauge was reading good. Fuel pressure koeo was around 40 running at idle around 30psi. The a/f at idle is reading 11to12.5. The 02 sensors at idle for the upstream are both in 900s not realy switching to much. I replaced the frps and still te same issue checked the iac looked at maf n it didn't look dirty and it's a blow thru setup. Does anyone have any clue I drove the car down to mustang week (10hrs) no problem and when I drove home about 5hrs in it three these codes and started bucking over 1/4th throttle. I'm stumped if anyone has any suggestions please say something I'm stuck over here!!!!
I wonder if its your upstream o2's or perhaps a bad injector?

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But what are the chances of an injector on both sides going bad?

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

And wouldn't that lean a cylinder out of it's bad?

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
Sounds as if the O2 sensors may be failing, but both failing at the same time is unlikely. Look for signs of excess fuel such as a sticking injector or more importantly a misfire..... as in dead plugs. Pull all of the plugs and look at them. Your O2s should be moving around constantly, not staying at 900.

·
Registered
332 Posts
so after doing some reading,

Both sensors are basically saying the same thing for both banks.

- Faulty Oxygen Sensor
- Fuel pressure high or low
- MAF sensor dirty/defective
- Vacuum leak on engine
- Leaking fuel injector or fuel pressure regulator
- Faulty Powertrain Control Module

I am wondering if its not wiring perhaps :S

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fuel presure was good, no vacuum leaks , replaced frps but what wiring could it be ?? Cause I did drive for a long period of time 10hr trip with a few stops I between for gas n food etc. also the 02s do move in 900 range if just went out again m now there both In 700 range

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

And short term fuel trim is -20 on both banks

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

Also pcv valve is good

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea I'm lost man another thing I noticed was in freeze frame data the fuel rail pressure was 131psi possibly a fpdm? I'm gonna swap one out from my other car this week n see what happens

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Still haven't figured it out maf is reading correctly also fuel pressure is what it should be and I changed 02 sensors and same issue

·
Registered
750 Posts
I used to get those same codes and for me it was a vacuum leak. The hose coming off of the pcv valve going to the throttle body had collapse and had a long crack in it. You might want to take it off and check that hose and elbow.

·
Registered
695 Posts
factory hoses are garbage i went up and bought like 20 ft of good year hoses and damn near replaced everything i could find, and got like a box of hose clamps to be damn sure everything was real tight.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think my maf took a **** at wot grams per second were 88 but load only goes to 77% also at idle it sits at 3.5 to 4.5 grams per second and .6to .8 volt . Another thing I noticed freeze frame says 22% load at 816rpms (idle) were it always sits at 10% and 131 fuel pressure which I tested n it never goes beyond te normal. I'm on the fence about it weather it's that or the pcm

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think my maf took a **** at wot grams per second were 88 but load only goes to 77% also at idle it sits at 3.5 to 4.5 grams per second and .6to .8 volt . Another thing I noticed freeze frame says 22% load at 816rpms (idle) were it always sits at 10% and 131 fuel pressure which I tested n it never goes beyond te normal. I'm on the fence about it weather it's that or the pcm

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you ever figure this out? I’m experiencing the exact same symptoms.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts