Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
p1150...lack of ho2s21 switch.fuel trim at limit,

tonight my car threw that code the car was running fine earlier today we go out to the fair to eat and come back start the car up it idles like poo and almost dies out 3 or 4 times then i shut it down waited like 10 min started it up so i could leave it ran for like 2 min shut down....checked all vac. lines there all good...iac prob needs replaced it's been cleaned once i'd say it's lived it's life...looking for any answers to help fix this problem and see wtf is wrong w my car, guess i may have hurt her feelings when i was talking about selling her!

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Possible causes

Electrical:
Short to VPWR in harness or HO2S
Water in harness connector
Open/Shorted HO2S circuit
Corrosion or poor mating terminals and wiring
Damaged HO2S
Damaged PCM

Fuel System:
Excessive fuel pressure
Leaking/contaminated fuel injectors
Leaking fuel pressure regulator
Low fuel pressure or running out of fuel
Vapor recovery system

Induction System:
Air leaks after the MAF
Vacuum Leaks
PCV system
Improperly seated engine oil dipstick

EGR System:
Leaking gasket
Stuck EGR valve
Leaking diaphragm or EVR

Base Engine:
Oil overfill
Cam timing
Cylinder compression
Exhaust leaks before or near the HO2S(s)

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
I would start with the obvious easy stuff like checking for unmetered air getting in between the maf and the tb and change the fuel and air filters if they haven't been changed in a while.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it is very weird it doesn't always do it, i'd say my car sat for like 2 maybe 3 hours last night while we were out then i came and started it up and it idled fine at first, then started hesitating and running real choppy...tricktuners shot me a pm on the sniper software please w some info on it...i haven't gone out this morning to start my car but am going to soon as i need to run out and get other parts but usually it doesn't on a cold start or warm start much ever this was the first time it happened and threw this code i get the p1130 and 1150 codes non stop my car doesn't have cats but usually i just clear them out.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
The list I posted is the same for 1130 and 1150. If you can't figure it out you will need to get an engine dignostics done to try to pinpoint the problem. You don't want to be taking a chance on running around lean.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
I can tell you I had this same problem with my Bronco twice. The first time it was the EGR valve stuck, and the second time it was the fuel pump going out until it finally wouldn't start at Walmart, and I had to get it towed home.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah i am going to mess w it today did some yesterday but never drove the car. egr def could be a huge problem for me i'm thinking

1 - 8 of 8 Posts