Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Mach1 FTW
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have had these codes come up every now and again...been chasing them for a while and i'm getting tired of throwing parts at it. so far i bought both new front O2 sensors, the correct O2 extensions for them, i cleaned the MAF, cleaned the IAC, checked for exhaust leaks before the O2 sensors, and i'm 100% positive i have no vaccum leaks. so what i'm looking for some insight as to what to look into next??? fuel pressure sensor on my fuel rail maybe ??? or something else ?

i searched this too and everything is suckish. stuff like clean your MAF. change your O2's, blah blah blahhh.

thanks fella's! :cool:

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I would almost bet it is your FRPS. Not to add to the things you have already thrown into it but if you have narrowed it down that far I would put money on it.

·
Mach1 FTW
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would almost bet it is your FRPS. Not to add to the things you have already thrown into it but if you have narrowed it down that far I would put money on it.
i was thinking along the same lines...that it was taking a dump on me. sometimes my SES light stays off for a few days and other times its only a few mintues/miles.

it usually gets worse when its sitting idling for a good while, which led me to the IAC right away but i'm fairly sure that mine is working the way it should be

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
If it was only the IAC I am pretty sure you would be having a multitude of other symptoms but with those two codes a new FRPS could set you straight. Just more money in the hole :(

·
Mach1 FTW
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just more money in the hole :(
not a big deal. its good having my brother working in the parts department of my Ford Dealer haha

you know...i bet if i sent a datalog to my tuner with this issue, he could tell me what the flip is happening.

thats some food for thought

·
Mach1 FTW
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
something for me to try tmr i suppose.

you watch, as stubborn as this car is sometimes, it wont do it now

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
P1132 and P1152 have the same possible causes and diagnostic tips as P1130 (click here).

·
Mach1 FTW
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so i finally got a nice day to look at some numbers on my SCT XCal3.

i dont think my fuel rail pressure sensor is the problem. it holds basically at a steady 40psi all the time. it may vary a little (like from 38-41 depending how i am on the gas) i was looking at my short term fuel trims and also the loing term fuel trims. it seems like i have numbers that vary drastically. one side can be at like 1.25 while the other is at like 0.68 (on the long term side) and then the short terms remain a bit closer but still apart (maybe like 0.97 and 0.71)

so what do any of you guys think of that ???

·
Registered
487 Posts
Nine to ten you have a vacuum leak. Sure way to check is pull all your lines and physically inspect them by hand. Flexing the lines and look for stresses that would leak. Take less than 30 minutes. Replace the worn hose and on you go.

·
Mach1 FTW
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i have zero vacuum leaks. it pulls in -20in/hg which is right on the money. i cant seem to figure this thing out. i though it was a vacuum issure right away too, so i put on all new lines and deleted all my EGR stuff just to minimize the possible points of leakage.

·
Wiser by the Minute
1,498 Posts
Do you have a tune?

If so it is your tune! I had a custom tune on my car when i had bolt ons. I got them damn anoying codes all the time.

I put my supercharger on and spoke with a different tuner that was way more reputable and he said he would take care of it. Got it tuned and they never popped up again.

I didn't change anything other than what it took to put on the S/C

If you have a tune - I would head there 1st!

·
Mach1 FTW
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Do you have a tune?

If so it is your tune! I had a custom tune on my car when i had bolt ons. I got them damn anoying codes all the time.

I put my supercharger on and spoke with a different tuner that was way more reputable and he said he would take care of it. Got it tuned and they never popped up again.

I didn't change anything other than what it took to put on the S/C

If you have a tune - I would head there 1st!
yeah, i got a custom on a XCal for my 4v swap. i emailed my tuner about it to see waht he could come up with. i got my stuff from a good shop (Rick Erdman at Amazon Tuning) so we will see what happens.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts