Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at getting one of these and was hoping to get some reviews from guys that have owned them, not guys that are trying to sell them. i dont plan on going over 400-420hp so i dont need a gigantic supercharger to go 700 miles per hour (exaggeration). What do yall think about them. $2000 for a complete kit a good price? Thanks fellas!

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
Im planin on getting one this summer and from what u say ur looking for it should work out just fine, and 2gs is an excellant price.

·
Registered
189 Posts
i just put one in a few weeks ago, man it is awesome!! 350 hp 365 torque with an automatic

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
with what you want for hp numbers the p1sc will meet your needs. Its a good setup, i enjoyed mine when i had it. Plus if you decide down the road you want a little more, you can always upgrade to a D1SC.

and yeah 2,000 is a pretty good price. They typically go for around $2200 or so used. Sometimes you can find some good deals...like $1950 shipped lol

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
aight so yall think 2000 is a good price too huh? yeah thats true about being able to upgrade to the d1sc. thats good too. so far there hasnt been a post about them leaking oil. haha im sure its coming tho!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
yeah the older models did have a problem with leaking oil...mostly from the input shaft seal...procharger has fixed the problem.

·
Registered
189 Posts
with what you want for hp numbers the p1sc will meet your needs. Its a good setup, i enjoyed mine when i had it. Plus if you decide down the road you want a little more, you can always upgrade to a D1SC.

and yeah 2,000 is a pretty good price. They typically go for around $2200 or so used. Sometimes you can find some good deals...like $1950 shipped lol
haha yea 1950 shipped lol. but yea man, for 2k i'd go for it.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
he is setting up a paypal in the morning so we can get it done. im just hoping i dont regret it. lotta money. then watch my motor blow. haha. On top of that its my bride to be's car. i drive a 04 F150 Screw fx4. (20s 36" tires 9" lift). We switch vehicles often tho. Im definitely gunna do it tho. I was looking for a used KB 1.7 but too hard to find. How do yall do when runnin the average corvette, z28, or trans am? will 400hp show them up or what?

·
Registered
189 Posts
i've never raced one but i'm pretty sure that a 400rwhp mustang will do the trick on a stock z28, or corvette

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
go on the procharger website....granted this is with a professional driver, but with a basicaly stock mustang with a p1sc running 8 psi they ran the quarter in 12.1. The only mods they did were catback exhaust and drag radials.

As for your motor going boom, that all depends on the tune. Make sure they keep the a/f ratio to around 11.5, anything over 12 is bad (WOT)....also the a/f ratio should be nice and smooth, not jumping all over.

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
a good tune under 10psi and u wont have a problem with blowning ur motor. Wit 400whp ull beat most cars on the road.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
one more thing. what kinda checklist should i go over to make sure he has a complete kit? Tuner, injectors, etc... someone just make me up a list. so that i can make sure it is all there. just the main things. i already know ill have to buying a tuner and fuel pump. what else should i make sure is there?

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
imbarrass? ha well thats good. i cant stand the fact that camaros are faster than my gt. im bout to break all that sht up!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
one more thing. what kinda checklist should i go over to make sure he has a complete kit? Tuner, injectors, etc... someone just make me up a list. so that i can make sure it is all there. just the main things. i already know ill have to buying a tuner and fuel pump. what else should i make sure is there?
Here is what makes it a complete kit...
Head unit
Mounting bracket
all hoses and hose clamps
air filter
intercooler
extended powersteering lines (on the low pressure side i believe)
mounting hardware (screws bolts etc)
serpentine belt
idler pulley with coupler for mounting to alternator

They say you can run stock fuel pump, stock maf and stock injectors...do yourself a favor and upgrade them now.
Fuel pump...either SVT focus pump, Aviator Pump or Ford GT pump...focus pump will work fine, many recommend the aviator pump.
42# green top injectors
ATI Pro-M MAF..75mm will be fine for your setup...do not run a MAFia (imho) they are just a band aid fix, and become a tuning nightmare.

Also, i'd go ahead and upgrade the provided idler pulley to a reichard racing pulley..the pulley ATI provides isn't the greatest.

I'm pretty sure thats everything.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
oh and one more thing...you are going to need a tuner or programmable chip...programmable chip is normally included with the package...but i'd go ahead and go with either an sct xcal or a diablo tuner.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
I put down over 400 to the wheels, and paid almost 5k. So yea Prochargers rock and 2k is a good deal

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
dude... i freaking love you. aight cool. he has named off everything so now im real comfortable that it is complete. that was my worry. he even has injectors but not the fuel pump. aight cool. he is shipping it tomorrow...Monday. how much does a dyno tune cost? around what? and is the chip that comes with the kit able to be tuned

·
Registered
189 Posts
for the dyno it just depends on what shop it's at. i paid $200 for my dyno tune.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thats not bad. why do you only have 350 hp? out of the same kit?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts