Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright i new to this whole procharger setup, i recently just bought a 04 mach 1 it came with the p1sc procharger stage 2 setup on it. it has catback exhaust and ford racing boost gauge. the tires arnt that great so i cant get on it in 1st or 2nd gear bcuz it will just spin so i took it on the highway and did a 3rd gear pull and it just doesnt feel that fast. The boost gauge slowly climbs up to about 4lbs at almost near redline. it kno that this setup is suppose to be at 8-10 lbs so i know something is wrong here. any help would be very appreciated

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im not sure i just bought the car from a dealer week ago.. and i dont think its belt slip bcuz i dont feel it and there is no belt dust anywhere but i also never owned a procharger b4 so idk..

·
procharged gt
562 Posts
Check your pulley size. Then check all of your connections. I have a 3.6 and I get 10lbs with a 3 core intercooler and a p-51 intake. Sounds like you may have a leak. With a 3.85 you should get close to 8lbs.

·
Registered
601 Posts
You have a 4V .. so if you have a 3.85" pulley, 4-5psi sounds about right. There should be a stamping on the back side of it ... should be able to see it without removing the supercharger ... but you might need to rotate it until you get a good angle. You need a 3.6"! ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok update... i checked pulley today, it says 4.00 on it.. does anyone know what boost should be around with that pulley? motor is stock with just catback exhaust. i called ati and they said my kit came with a 3.8 pulley so im not sure why the last owner changed it to a 4.00 pulley!?

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
There are some varibles but 5-6 psi is about right for a 4.0 pulley on a 2v motor. A 3.85" pulley is around 8 psi. I'm running a 3.7" pulley and get 9 psi through a 3-core intercooler. You said it was a stage 2 kit so you should have the 3-core intercooler. A 2-core intercooler has more boost drop. With a 2-core you would be getting around 2 psi less than a 3-core at the block.

·
Registered
601 Posts
That sounds totally correct. The OP has a 4V, which is going to drop his psi significantly. Get a smaller pulley!

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
3.4 pulley!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Alright thanks guys.. Il do that.. But also my boost gauge shows -10 vacuum when car is off so does that mean my gauge is bad or bad vacuum maybe??

·
procharged gt
562 Posts
If you drop to a 3.4 (or anything for that matter) get you tune checked. Make sure you have enough fuel.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
If you drop to a 3.4 (or anything for that matter) get you tune checked. Make sure you have enough fuel.
+1^^^^

Detonation would suck.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Alright thanks guys.. Il do that.. But also my boost gauge shows -10 vacuum when car is off so does that mean my gauge is bad or bad vacuum maybe??
There is no such thing as vacuum when the car is shut off. You vacuum gauge should read zero with the motor shut off. Tap on the face of the gauge. The needle might be sticking. If it doesn't move the gauge is broken.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
^ like he gifted said... and get a smaller belt to go with the smaller pulley. If it were me - I'd freshen the tensioner while you're at it. $30 well spent while you have it apart.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts