Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am doing the blower kit on my 01' BULLITT ... my MAIN concerns are my trans., my clutch, and my suspension i guess...

my trans is the TR-3650

my clutch i am assuming is factory

same with my suspension

anyone have any experience with P1SC @10psi as far as how long my trans should last? how much that trans can handle?

same with the clutch...

with the much lift on the front end, will my stock suspension suffice or will it give much sooner than desired? i'm sure its not the best TRACK suspension...

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
It will add stress to the tranny... but unless your running more than 9-10 psi (stock engine limitations) it will hold up for awhile. These trannys break on their own though without FI, so it is hard to say.

Clutch will not last that long. But it will hold up for awhile, change it out when it starts slipping.

No extra wear on suspension. But you would need to beef it up if you want to put this extra power to the ground!

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
You should be fine unless your running DRs or slicks. You have a stiffer suspension and an upgraded transmission from my 2000 GT. I've been waiting for 45,000 miles for my stock clutch to go out so that I can replace it with a Centerforce Dual Friction clutch. It's still going strong.

P.S. I've been looking at the FRPP (Bullitt) suspension upgrade for my car. I haven't upgraded yet because I just can't make up my mind on what I want to do.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok>>> well my car has 96K miles... the previous owners drove ALOT! i only do around 9k per year and this is my 3rd year> so that means the previous owner drove like 14k a year... don't know how hard he did either.... don't know if its stilll stock clutch or not, BUT HOPE NOT! i JUST replaced the factory 2001 battery this past weekend... cars were built tough but i guess all i can do is wait and see!

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Shes good, Im running 10lbs, just get a clutch when it starts slipping like above, rest is good

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I'm the 2nd owner of my car and bought it at 49,000 and currently have like 87,000? Maybe more...and I think my clutch is on its way... If you want a good cheap clutch I'd go to promotiontransmission.com they have the 03-04 termi cobra clutch that will fit our cars and is a good replacement...its only like...239 or so?

·
Registered
828 Posts
I'm the 2nd owner of my car and bought it at 49,000 and currently have like 87,000? Maybe more...and I think my clutch is on its way... If you want a good cheap clutch I'd go to promotiontransmission.com they have the 03-04 termi cobra clutch that will fit our cars and is a good replacement...its only like...239 or so?
for that price you might as well get a nice clutch from SPEC or some other well known brand. as for your car holding up as long as you're not pushing 20 psi through you car your stock parts should last for a little while as long as you're not beating on it. the Bullitts have better than stock GT suspension so you should be ok.

·
Registered
374 Posts
with a good tune around 400 rwhp these cars will hold up pretty good, i race mine quite a bit and the stock clutch trans and motor are holding up fine, i figure the clutch will go eventually ofcourse. The 3650 is weird about letting go some people get alot of power out of them some dont, the 10 spline input shaft is the key weakness tho. The motor its the rods and pistons.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
for that price you might as well get a nice clutch from SPEC or some other well known brand. as for your car holding up as long as you're not pushing 20 psi through you car your stock parts should last for a little while as long as you're not beating on it. the Bullitts have better than stock GT suspension so you should be ok.
Man...that's a good clutch...and that's cheap...its 300 something in summit

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
ok>>> well my car has 96K miles... the previous owners drove ALOT! i only do around 9k per year and this is my 3rd year> so that means the previous owner drove like 14k a year... don't know how hard he did either.... don't know if its stilll stock clutch or not, BUT HOPE NOT! i JUST replaced the factory 2001 battery this past weekend... cars were built tough but i guess all i can do is wait and see!
You should be fine. Typically, but not always, a lot of miles means highway driving. That type of driving is the easiest on the drive train. I put my supercharger on at 80,000 miles. I currently have 126,000 miles on my car and I have no intention of changing the clutch until it needs it.

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Get a short throw, when I got my 4.10s I bought one..Espically with my procharger and 4.10s..What mods are you going to have on this car to get to 500...........

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
my friend at the shop. he's the one i got the blower from. he's the gear head and has all that stuff. it was all art of the $ i paid him... blower, dyno, chip, pullies, and whatever else he puts... i told him how much i'd give him, and a part of the the deal was 500 to the wheels EASY was the word used... so, i paid him to make it put down 500...

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
I mean I guess I could see close to it with all my mods plus heads cams and headers, like 475 if i changed my pullie to get back to 10 lbs after the heads and cams but dang, its hard on the motor but im getting heads from bakerfx on here soon and blower cams but its going to lower my boost from it he said so it will be safer and more hp

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
^exactly... Get better flow by far. Less stress on the motor. Safe big numbers! Anyone could go for 450rwhp with just a blower by boosting it 18 pounds but that might last 2 minutes. That would be retarded. You want efficiency! bigger heads, good blower cams, long tubes, and other supporting mods of that such. Safe big power!

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
bandity... thats what i was going to do. Install the heads and get my boost back up to 10 or so. Boost is just restriction. Better flowing heads is less restriction which is lower boost. I would get my boost back up by going down a pulley size. That would be some VERY NICE gains!!!!!

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
my friend at the shop. he's the one i got the blower from. he's the gear head and has all that stuff. it was all art of the $ i paid him... blower, dyno, chip, pullies, and whatever else he puts... i told him how much i'd give him, and a part of the the deal was 500 to the wheels EASY was the word used... so, i paid him to make it put down 500...
Not with 10 psi on a stock motor it will not. Even if it did it wouldn't last long?

I have yet to see a P1SC break 500 on a built, cammed, ported, 2v 4.6l. Maybe with TFS heads. They just run out of steam. I have been in the modular modding game for almost 10 years. Maybe with higher compression and E85 or race gas?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts