Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have these on their cars or know someone that does? I have seen these on stage 3 and their ceramic coated headers are cheaper than other brands that are not coated. I know that people say you get what you pay for but maybe these are the exception to the rule?

Any information you guys have will be helpful. Here is the link to the headers
2005-2010 Mustang GT Pacesetter Long Tube Headers - Ceramic

·
taylor21pierce snapchat
758 Posts
i would say they are worth it IMO. iv had some on a stang before and i loved them. i would try looking on ebay maybe u can find some a bit cheaper.

·
Blood, Sweat and Gears...
2,139 Posts
The picture looks good! I think you are doing the right thing by asking what people know, good luck shopping.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I love my pacesetters and strongly suggest getting them coated. The black ones are just painted and are not heat treated and will rust(im a prime example). Also Pacesetters are a true longtube unlike Pypes or MAC who are midlength longtubes. Pacesetter is a name brand, just not used much.

People who say you should only get name brands are kinda like people who say "my car puts down 351rwhp on a chassis dyno". Sure it sounds cool when talked about dont get me wrong, but really who is going to really notice the difference when your driving around or hear the sound of the exhaust?

·
Blood, Sweat and Gears...
2,139 Posts
Very true! Lt headers are one of the Best mods you can get!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I love my pacesetters and strongly suggest getting them coated. The black ones are just painted and are not heat treated and will rust(im a prime example). Also Pacesetters are a true longtube unlike Pypes or MAC who are midlength longtubes. Pacesetter is a name brand, just not used much.

People who say you should only get name brands are kinda like people who say "my car puts down 351rwhp on a chassis dyno". Sure it sounds cool when talked about dont get me wrong, but really who is going to really notice the difference when your driving around or hear the sound of the exhaust?
They probaly wouln't know when your driving around but they will know when you pop the hood and have a set of rusty shitty looking headers looking up, but hey you can tell em you saved $150 over the stainless ones;)

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
Pacesetters are a name brand and I've used them on a few occasions including my current ride. They build quality exhausts for many types of cars and have used them on a few LS motors with great success. They are actually pretty popular with the GM crowd, Why they are not that popular for the 4.6 is beyond me. Maybe because they are made out of mild steel instead of stainless, but I've always had them coated and have never had an issue with corrosion. I currently live out in the desert so I don't expect any issues with rust, but I've also had them on cars driven around the bay area for years without any rust. I've had mine on my car for about 2 years now without any issues. Quality and fitment are great, plus they have the larger primaries which is a plus if your planning on boosting your car. I would recommend these without hesitation to anyone, especially since I refuse to pay the kind of money some companies want for exhaust nowdays.

I got mine through Stage 3 also and they are a great outfit. They have good customer service and pretty competitive pricing. I always look at them first when I'm searching for parts.

·
Registered
954 Posts
They probaly wouln't know when your driving around but they will know when you pop the hood and have a set of rusty shitty looking headers looking up, but hey you can tell em you saved $150 over the stainless ones;)
Sure but thats why you go coated headers, mine werent. You guys said you should spend more to get a brand name header, not that he should get stainless. It would have been better to have said spend more to get stainless compared to spend more because they are made by so-and-so

I got mine through Stage 3 also and they are a great outfit. They have good customer service and pretty competitive pricing. I always look at them first when I'm searching for parts.
Ya I always look at Stage3 now too, usually the lowest prices even with the 5% discount with that free shipping.

Also make sure you call the place you will buy them from because you never know if its actually in stock. They were out of stock on a catted H pipe from Pacesetter when I called and Pacesetter said they dont know when that pipe will be availible. They did have the O/R in stock

·
Registered
817 Posts
Any tuning issues with them?07 did you have them coated by an outside company or bought them that way?Also i agree with not spending an arm and a leg for headers, done it once especially for the return on power its rape.I also agree that quality is a must and because i am torn i have stuck with my stock manifolds 480rwhp i am good.

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
i would also recommend MACs. one magazine did some back to back testing of a bunch of headers (i don't think pacesetters were included but they did have some similar full lengths) but the MACs were either the top or second performer. the difference between 1st and 2nd was only a few hp anyway though.

i've had mine for a couple years now and haven't had any issues other than a clearance issue due to setting the engine down a lil too far to the passenger side.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I read that article.Macs arent stainless either but they are ceramic and because of their length they are probably more tune friendly and more of a choice for those of us that have emissions every 2yrs.Its just the installation issues and having to retune your stang.Plus the mac products are all off road.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey guys thanks for all the info. After researching online and and reading everyones responses I think I am going to try these out. The only reason I can find not to buy them is because they are not a name brand. All the reviews I have read have been postive except for the installation which some people say is difficult. Other than that I have read no complaints. Again thanks for all of your thoughts and opinions.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Any header install is going to be a bit difficult and not every one of our mustangs is going to be just as easy taking our the manifolds and putting them back on as another members

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
Yeah, the install is a PIA just because it is so tight in there. I've installed plenty of headers and this car seemed to be the most time consuming. The only reason why you may need a tune is because the primary O2's are farther away from the engine and they take a little longer to heat up. You may throw a CEL without a tune but the car will run fine. Other than that there is no adjustment that needs to be made in your tune for exhaust. Oh, you will have to turn of your rear sensors too since it's an off road mid-pipe.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I think summit.com provides you with a catted pipe option price is pretty much the same the only difference is stage3 has free shipping and summit charges a handling fee.I am really tempted.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts