Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience with these. Im thinking about them. They r cheap. But what do u do about the midpipe? Who sells one for them. And are they wo4th a **** as far as fitment and quality. I know they come in just black header paint..

For the mac long tubes...will a pypes shorty x fit them? Or dors it have to be a mac midpipe for the long tubes

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
That's not true. I got my Pacesetters with ceramic coating and O/R mid-pipe for $525.

This is not my first go round with Pacesetters. Quality has always been good and fitment was great. No dinging of pipes or grinding of parts to make them fit. Plenty of clearance around frame rails and steering.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where did you find a deal like that...the cheaper than just a set of ceramic bbk lts

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice garage floor haha

·
Registered
13,628 Posts

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow thanks...now I want that setup...that's cheap for ceramic coating and h pipe combo

·
Noob
828 Posts
Sweet I never knew about Stage 3 Motorsports. Definitely gonna buy from them.

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
Wow thanks...now I want that setup...that's cheap for ceramic coating and h pipe combo
But remember, they are made from mild steel not stainless. Though I have never had any issues, they are going to be more prone to corrosion depending on the environment you live in. That is one of the reasons why they are less expensive.

Also, the primaries are an 1/8" larger than most Mustang headers. At lower RPM's these might not flow with the desired velocity at those engine speeds. This will move your peak torque slightly higher up in the RPM range. Though you are basically gaining all the way around, it may feel like you lose a little low end but it is mainly a perception thing. I went with the larger primaries because I always knew I was going F/I somewhere done the road

Sweet I never knew about Stage 3 Motorsports. Definitely gonna buy from them.
Definitely a great place to buy from. 90% of my parts I have purchased through them. They will always price match and are great when you contact them on the phone or via e-mail. Free shipping and a good inventory of stuff.

·
Noob
828 Posts
And they offer a military discount too. Thanks for letting us know about this place

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Like boss said pacesetters are a great deal fit good and sound great. I also purchased mine from stage 3. Great service.

·
IG: opiesvt
8,782 Posts
I have experience with MAC stuff.

I installed a full MAC exhaust on my car. Quality was, to be honest, ****. The fit was spot on and the sound is amazing. Raspy but I don't really mind it.

I've heard it's really hard to find anything that bolts right up and lines up with the headers. Nothing a fab shop can't fix tho.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
It's better to just buy headers/midpipe from the same company. 99% of the time, they'll match up. I have macs and the headers and prochamber lined up. Getting the header flanges to line up was a little different, but it was do-able.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i told myself id never buy a pypes product again from my last experience with my x pipe on my 2001 gt. but i havent heard one bad thing about them for the 05-09 scence.nothing but good. and they are reasonably priced.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts