Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to hear from the people who have actually purchased this. How was the fitment? What kind of gains did you make?

Yes I know the addage "you get what you pay for", but I have a hard time justifying $1,000 + for Lt's and a mid pipe. Yes I know the piping they use is prone to rust but that is what the ceramic coating is for.

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
07 BOSS put a set on, made a thread about it i think....it was bad if i recall

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
Like these?

I've been very happy with my set. They probably do not produce the most "power" but have worked well for me. Install is going to be a bitch with whatever wet you get, they just are on these cars. As far as fitment, the only slight issue I had was the slip fit from the collector to the H-pipe. I think it was because of the ceramic coating that made it as tight as a virgin on prom night. I just used an exhuast pipe expander along with cutting a couple of small slits in the pipe and it slid right in.

I reused the stock metal gaskets (best to do so or buy new OEM) and I bought "stepped" band clamps to use along with a little copper high temp gasket sealer. No leaks from day one.

I felt the quality of all the welds and bends were good. The only issue that I have with these is they are not stainless. Sound and fitment of the actual headers are great. Here is a video of my ride to work. I tried to get on it a few times but there were 2 cops between my house and work. I have Flowmaster AT's and get a little rasp right around 2500 RPM.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
07 BOSS put a set on, made a thread about it i think....it was bad if i recall

I had some issues when I put them in but they ended up being non-header related. I initially thought that I was having some tune issues with the O2 sensors or something and it turned out to be a cracked spark plug causing a misfire.

I would recommend these to anyone not wanting to spend big bucks on exhuast. I have run Pacesetters in the past on other engines and have not had any issues.

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
sorry i confused you with a chap who installed Boost Brother tubes...that was a shite show

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
Does Pacesetter make a x pipe for those headers?
I think so. When I ordered it, it was a package deal for non-coated headers and a mid-pipe. I asked to get upgraded to the ceramic ones for a couple extra dollars and if I could have an H-pipe instead of an X-pipe, because on their website the picture was with X-pipe. The guy said the picture was wrong and the combo package dealy actually comes with an H-pipe. I'm assuming that they have a picture of one that there is one, but you always see those disclaimers "actually parts may vary" 'cause they are using some generic pic to advertise a product.

Here's the link, I think it still has a picture of an X-pipe. Either way I think I paid $505.00 and had it at my doorstep 3 days later. Just ordered my front facia from them, good folks over there.

Stage 3 Motorsports 2005-08 Mustang GT Pacesetter Long Tube Headers & H Pipe (1-3/4" Primary)

Sidenote: These are 1 3/4" primaries. I don't know if they make 1 5/8". Might not be ideal for a mild N/A set up.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Sidenote: These are 1 3/4" primaries. I don't know if they make 1 5/8". Might not be ideal for a mild N/A set up.

Why would the slightly larger primary diameter be worse for a mild n/a setup? I'm just curious.

Nice video, your car sounds great. :)

·
Registered
432 Posts
i have them on my 98 and have had them for over 2 years. if you get them get the ceramic ones they have and u have to buy the matching mid pipe. pacesetter only fits pacesetter

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
Why would the slightly larger primary diameter be worse for a mild n/a setup? I'm just curious.

Nice video, your car sounds great. :)

I've been told that our 3 valves motors like a little backpressure to help them run more efficiently. There may be too much loss of torque down low with too big of a primary tube. It has been recommended that an N\A car have 1 5/8" primaries and to go with 1 3/4' for F/I motors. I'm planning on a Whipple or TVS down the road so I went with the larger headers.

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
i have them on my 98 and have had them for over 2 years. if you get them get the ceramic ones they have and u have to buy the matching mid pipe. pacesetter only fits pacesetter
We were trying to figure out if they made an X-pipe and it looks like from your sig that they do. I figured they did I just couldn't say for sure 'cause I've never personally seen one. How have your headers held up?

·
Registered
432 Posts
there ok so far. just if i was u i would get the ceramic ones. mine where black and after a month there was no black paint left haha. truth be told i think the sound awesome. i mean for the price there not a bad option.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I've been told that our 3 valves motors like a little backpressure to help them run more efficiently. There may be too much loss of torque down low with too big of a primary tube. It has been recommended that an NA car have 1 5/8" primaries and to go with 1 3/4' for F/I motors. I'm planning on a Whipple or TVS down the road so I went with the larger headers.
Okidoki, makes sense. Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
lol. do you have a hurst? cuz i hear something rattling when you decel out of third.
No Hurst shifter, I have an automatic. I had the rear seat down so you could hear the exhuast a little better and that rattling sound is my golf clubs in the trunk.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
No Hurst shifter, I have an automatic. I had the rear seat down so you could hear the exhuast a little better and that rattling sound is my golf clubs in the trunk.
Your golf clubs sound much less annoying than the loose change I stow in my cupholders. :D

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hahahahaha I read this whole thread with your video playing in the background. When I was done I was like "WTF is going on?" then I realized you were still cruisin to work. I think it went well with the "whats rattling" comment cause it was going on in the background.

Anyway, I have a Bassani modular X and was trying to find longtubes too.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I like the rattling especially if its golf club related.:D
Sounds great and gotta love the pricing

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
I think so. When I ordered it, it was a package deal for non-coated headers and a mid-pipe. I asked to get upgraded to the ceramic ones for a couple extra dollars and if I could have an H-pipe instead of an X-pipe, because on their website the picture was with X-pipe. The guy said the picture was wrong and the combo package dealy actually comes with an H-pipe. I'm assuming that they have a picture of one that there is one, but you always see those disclaimers "actually parts may vary" 'cause they are using some generic pic to advertise a product.

Here's the link, I think it still has a picture of an X-pipe. Either way I think I paid $505.00 and had it at my doorstep 3 days later. Just ordered my front facia from them, good folks over there.

Stage 3 Motorsports 2005-08 Mustang GT Pacesetter Long Tube Headers & H Pipe (1-3/4" Primary)

WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA

wait

wait

$389.95 for headers and an X????????????????

WTF?

is this what you have? how is it? for real! if this price is correct and these things are decent, i'm pulling the trigger on some headers and an X tonight!!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts