Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am going to paint my 94 gt a red color. just not sure what shade. any help? kind of want some metallic in it. suggestions?

·
Registered
444 Posts
what is ur original color? in all, lazer red is ur best bet. can allways be matched (factory color) and it is a nice color in general. here is mine

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
I'd do the 93 cobra color of "vibrant red" or GM's "lipstick red" i think it's called. It was used on the special edition gmc syclone that Marlboro had custom made. both colors are pretty damn close and are awesome in person

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Mine is a heavy metallic red, it's hard to see in pictures but it is there. You can kind of see it above and to the left of the 5.0 emblem on the second pic. I don't know the actual color name or brand though ;)
It looks a darker red when the sun is not out.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
PPG vibrance 3 stage

color = cabernet

There were 2 other reds that I really liked.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
any paint with metallic, is going to be a 3 stage and expensive paint if its worth a crap. I personally would go with something from PPG, they have great colors and make a great product. I like the orange the guy mixed for my car, its a metallic and has pearl in it.

·
Registered
444 Posts
laser red is a tri stage paint that is going to be out of my budget
you can buy a base coat/clear coat. same color just not same procedure. it is what my passenger side is. was wrecked when i purchased it. new door and fender, sanded, primed, base, clear, compound and wax.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts