Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I FINALLY DID IT! :D :D :D

Products used:
Mother's MF's (I WANT MORE, THEY WORK SO GOOD.)
Meg's Ultimate Compound.
Meg's Ultimate Polish.
AutoGlym SRP.
Mothers ULTIMATE PURE Caranuba Wax. (really nice beading.)
Mothers Clay kit.
Yellow, Green, and Blue Uber pads.
Griots Garage DA.

Step One:
Dawn/Meg's Gold class mixture (i wasnt sure it it was bad to COMPLETELY use dawn. :p but trust me, there was ALOT of soap there regardless.
Surprisingly, only the front, and rear bumpers, and the front of the hood needed claying, i feel like i wasted a damn bar. :mad: ill have to remember to cut it into pieces next time. :sorry

Step Two:
Yellow Uber with UC.
It did a pretty good job, had a nice amount of cut, but, seeing as my car has only ever been waxed in its life, i have some pretty BAD swirls. (garage queen)
I think next time, im going to need something with MORE cut?
Recommendations?
Anyway, i still got AWESOME results, i would say about...80% correction, and whatever i didnt get, was too deep for UC, or they were RDS.
Also, i noticed it dusts a bit, not a TON, but noticeable. Im guessing dusting is just something that comes with machine polishing?

Step 3:
Green Uber pad, with Ultimate Polish.
I ****ING LOVE THIS STUFF. Seriously, its AWESOME, very smooth, almost no dusting (veryveryverylittle) and gave a RICH pop to the car. :]
It removed a ton of haze that came with the UC, (now, again, uc doesnt haze that bad, but once finished with UP it was definitely noticeable)
Overall, a VERY positive experience with it versus UC. (as i said, i wish it would have cut a little more.)

Step 4:
Blue Uber pad, with AutoGlym SRP (super resin polish, which is pretty much just a sealant with slight polishing capabilities.)
Again, this was AWESOME, and just like the last time i tried it, added a whole nother' level of POP, and clarity to my car.

Final Step:
Red Euro foam Applicator with Mother's Ultimate PURE Caranuba Wax.
I LOVE this wax, its not a paste, nor a liquid. It's old school, think, pure wax-y wax. ;) LMFAO.
Went on super smooth, and even tho i applyed it on a weee bit think, it was a DREAM to buff off. GOOD JOB MOTHERS!!!

and th-th-th-th-th-that's all folks!
until tomorrow, when i go out and take some photos! :D

Another quick tidbit.
i was correcting the trunk, and i lifted off a 1/4 inch for a half second because my cord fell on the paint, and the damn pad blew to pieces! (yellow cutter)
it only blew up in the center, and went right down to the velcro on the pad itself.
:mad:
also, its was EXTREMELY HOT, and almost burnt me! :eek:
what was i doing wrong?

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Can't wait to see the pics Vince:)

as a replacement for UC try one of the following Meguiars M105, Menzerna Powergloss, Chemical Guys Paint correction # 700, Mothers Professional Heavy Duty Rubbing Compound #81232

to replace UP try Menzerna 203S Power Finish

As for the backing plate replace that asap because that one is just plain out crap mine also got extremely hot and the velcro on it started to loosen up in the center. I would like to get this one since it like the ones made for rotary use that conform to curved panels. But if you dont want to use that much cash get this one (second link).

http://www.gloss-it.net/GlossitsEVO5DualActionBackingPlate-idv-244-9.html

http://www.autogeek.net/lc43125.html

You can also try the new Meguiars DA system if you want I haven't tried it so I cant speak for it. I have read alot on it and it seems like a good system, I would like to give D300 compound and the cutting discs a try. I wont get D301 finishing wax or the finishing discs because I already have AG SRP which is a AIO product and Menzerna 203S will give better results.

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats another thing danny, i want to try the da system, but i only want the compounding part, i like using my other stuff too! and i prefer using a dedicated polish, and wax/sealant!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I got a rio red mustang that needs much TLC - I can't wait to see the pics!

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
Pictures?

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
I really want to see how it came out:)

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jesus you guyz are photo horny. i just got back from taking them.
im so happy, it found a SUPERB little spot in the woods.

but, i has the sads cause it's cloudy out. :[

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
haha i knew when i made my thread that i had to wait till all pictures were ready or else all you people would yell at me!!!

i got your back vince, you take all the time you need :D

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bahahahahahaha, im building up suspense.
you're a cool guy slowv6, you fit in perfectly with us weirdo's. :eek:

pictures are incoming in like, 10 minutes, i have to go through and edit them, otherwise, they would be 35mb a piece. :eek:

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
bahahahahahaha, im building up suspense.
you're a cool guy slowv6, you fit in perfectly with us weirdo's. :eek:

pictures are incoming in like, 10 minutes, i have to go through and edit them, otherwise, they would be 35mb a piece. :eek:
Ok...it's been well over 10 minutes...what the deal? Waiting

·
Registered
823 Posts
Pictuuuuuuuuuuuures!! Meoooooooow!!!!!! oooor..................... :banned :D:D

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
10 mins huh? you posted at 6:34,,its now 8:31...i dunno whats going on here but i think we just got screwed lol

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Someone just got screwed 00, but it wasnt any of you guys....:lmao :lmao :lmao

PM me for any explanation. :lmao

1 - 20 of 35 Posts