Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys..im only on the bottom side of this car on the project so far but im so tossed up on paint when i get there i wanna know for sure..im going to do a two tone paint color..right on that body line that runs at the top of the fenders across the top of the door (below window) and down 1/4 panel..kinda like this (not these colors though) also no white line to seperate the colors

so im thinking these colors on the bottom half..

competition orange (or roughly)

or bullitt green

or sonic blue

and this is the grill im talking about..i've seen it a couple times now, anyone done this? insterested into whats involved?

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
MY neigbhors car is exactly like the first one, but a notch. I think it looks real good!

Its hard to say which would look better, are you saying that you are gonna use black on top?
I would look for more pics of some two tone cars to get an idea.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah im pretty sure im going black on top..idk a guy local has an 99-04 f350 w/ black ontop and charcoal grey on bottom..im so undecided..

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
black and orange look very good together. i don't know about blue and black, not sure if there'd be enough color contrast. i think the CO and black top would look good, or red/black.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i found a few more

maybe a darker red than this one, maroon?

here are just some more i found

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think thats what it is..i even like the stripe to seperate the colors on that car...along with the notch that is black on top and charcoal on the bottom..maybe an orange stripe..kinda like the harley davidson trucks? idfk

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
Damn hard decision you have to make, LOL and I like both those last ones, When i seen the black/grey one i thought about that for my car. I am getting a repaint in spring, was planning on all black but now i might be re-thinking.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
exactly what im going through..the foxbodys have that perfect line for a two tone paint..im really leaning towards the black/charcoal, black/dark green or black/ orange(or copper)...idk that mineral grey is cool too..just maybe a little darker.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ugly a$$ car but i like the colors

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
How is it an ugly ass car but you like the colors? Its a mustang....

I mean the rims are ****.. but??

·
Banned
980 Posts
I LOVE Bimini blue on foxes! That fox with them spinnaz, has PLENTY of potential

·
Registered
229 Posts
2-Tones FTMFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How is it an ugly ass car but you like the colors? Its a mustang....

I mean the rims are ****.. but??
yeah I guess with different rims it would be nice. Just those things kill it for me

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
i dig that lx(ish) bumper

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
the last two pics on post #5 are killer,that cars is bad ass

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
2 tones are teh gay
x2

Im not a fan of two tone foxes but if I were to do one i'd prob do it without a white line separating the two colors and the two colors wouldn't be bright colors. the orange and black would prob go good together but would remind me of halloween and ****.

That grill on the first pic is a stock lx grill bumper with the middle section cut out and isn't hard to do if your respraying the bumper cover

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
x2

Im not a fan of two tone foxes but if I were to do one i'd prob do it without a white line separating the two colors and the two colors wouldn't be bright colors. the orange and black would prob go good together but would remind me of halloween and ****.

That grill on the first pic is a stock lx grill bumper with the middle section cut out and isn't hard to do if your respraying the bumper cover
I know it's an lx bumper but I don't see how it's done cuz looking at a stock lx one looks like with that piece removed it will leave holes

1 - 20 of 22 Posts