Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few rust spots on my mustang that i need to take care of. Im on a budget so i was going to see what yall think it would cost to have a body shop strip the car, fix the rust and have it just primed. Ill probably end up just doing it alittle at a time but please let me know.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
you dont want to leave a car in prime as it will hold moisture and rust.if it stays in prime keep it inside.

·
Anatidaephobic
2,370 Posts
i would do all the sanding and setup yourself. to have a shop do it is quite expensive because it takes alot of time and they charge by the hour. have it ready to go and just have them do prime and paint

·
Registered
353 Posts
you dont want to leave a car in prime as it will hold moisture and rust.if it stays in prime keep it inside.
But if one were to say, get it dipped and then primed, how long would it last before it starts to rust over again? Cause I was going to make a sad attempt at doing body work myself, but I have no idea how long it will take.

·
Banned
2,194 Posts
if you need body parts aligned and fixed like dents and stuff its going to cost muchos dollares

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
Depends of the work you want done. You do know rust cant be fixed it can only be masked the only way to fix rust completly is to replace the panel. And it will cost upwards of a grand to have them just fix the rust by cutting chunks out and putting new stuff in. Im guessing 1500 for all of it

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
if the car is in prime and it rains on it you should dry it right away.dont let it set around wet.

·
Registered
49 Posts
$4000 - $6000 for a quality job. You can strip it yourself however it will not take long for rust to start showing up in spots.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok thats what i thought. Ill probably just take it to this guy i know and have to fix the rust spots slowly. I keep it in the garage always so its not going to get wet. I dont have alot of rust, just alittle so its not like i have to replace a panal, just cut out the rust and fill in little spots.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts