Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got back from Korea and I recently found the the paint on my trunk hood has small rust spots. At least that what they look like, They are very hard to see, yet easy to feel. I was wondering if there was something I could do at home for it. Anyone have any tips? Has anyone ran into this problem before?

·
Registered
227 Posts
That sucks...

If you're going to be away for a while you should wash, wax, and cover and/or garage your car. At this point you should try buffing and waxing it. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I was gone, but my dad was using it so I couldn't really store it. I'll keep that in mind for the next time. Thanks for the tip man. I'll try it and see if it works.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Sounds like contamination if it's hard to see. Try a claybar. If that doesn't remove and you are positive that it is rust then it will have to be repainted.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Sounds like contamination if it's hard to see. Try a claybar. If that doesn't remove and you are positive that it is rust then it will have to be repainted.
Exactly. It's probably either something from a tree or what is known as 'rail road dust' in the detailing world.. The first thing to do is wash the car very good, maybe even twice, and than clay bar the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts