Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I knocked a tiny bit of paint off my bumper about a year ago. Our body shop quoted me 400 dollars to fix the 2" x 1/4" scrape and told me there was no guarantee it would match.

Does this sound right to you all? I was expecting to pay 200 at very most. The color of the car is in the avi.

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
A good body shop will charge alot. Is $400 for the whole bumper and they are sayin it wont match the rest of the car? You should be able to find it cheaper though

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah man its blending a little circle of about a 3 inch radius. Not the whole bumper

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
yeah thats pretty high. a body shop was going to charge that much to pop out a baseball size dint in my fender and to paint the whole fender. just go get quotes they're usually free.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I live in hillbilly hell so I don't have many options lol. Thats why they rape you in price. Thanks guys, I thought that was a little absurd.

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
My body tol dme his shop charges $300 a panel. Bumper or fender. Thats way expensive. You might wanna drive a lil to get a quality job done for a decent price.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Check my garage, reputable in my area most definitely. There is a ring of about 4 body shops that compete with paint jobs. I have been to 3 of them with different vehicles and I was pleased. There was one bubble but it was fixed as soon as I noticed it. It is a tad lighter than original redfire pearlcoat but I got greedy with the color flake because it's ridiculously expensive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts