Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I figured I'd go ahead and start this thread since the painter has been sending me some pics as he goes through the process. In case you didn't know, the first paint job was horrible, so we decided to start from scratch. The color is a custom blue pearl over white.

In the middle of the tear down process (notice how previous painter didn't take side scoops off)

This is with base, pearl, and clear. Hasn't been wet sanded or buffed yet and doesn't show the pearl well. He said he couldn't get his camera phone to show it very well unless he took it outside in the sun. (The paint still looks almost wet even though it was sprayed a day and half ago.)

And here is the new toy for my wife. She's wanted one of these for years.

2007 Vespa GTS 250 with 5,500 miles on it. Snagged it for 3k. Pretty good deal IMO.

UPDATE:

Got the car back and snapped a few pics with the iphone and it's really cloudy here right now. Tomorrow is supposed to be nice and sunny all day, so she'll be getting washed and then some proper pics with a DSLR. Here are some pics to hold you over though.

And one with the flash to show the pearl a bit.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
OK, so the pearl is hard to photograph. I think the camera was having a hard time metering the white and black. I'm going to try and get some better ones tomorrow. Also threw a couple pics of the bike and a couple pics of a burnt out building from where I work in here as well.

Photomatix software

HDR Darkroom software. Think I like this software better.

Car pics

Here is what the pearl really looks like. Had to photoshop it a bit to get the pearl to look right, but in the meantime I lost some of the white. The white in the other pics is correct, but this one shows the correct pearl action.

And here are a couple of the new bikes for my wife and I.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She's wanted a Vespa since 2009. A 2007 with only 5500 miles books for about $4,600. Had to drive 3 and 1/2 hours away to pick up but she is ****in thrilled. She's never had something that is just strictly a "toy".

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE: Will be picking up the car this evening. Should have some good sunlight pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Me too. I haven't seen it in person yet. Supposedly people have been going over to his shop just to see it.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
First post updated with crappy cell phone pics. A wash and proper pics coming tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How many times you gonna Change your SN? I can't keep up lol

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tomorrow Brody, tomorrow. I'm getting up early to give her a good wash. Still a good bit of dust from the wet sanding. Then some actual pictures with the SLR, and then they'll be up after that.

Cheesewhateverthefuckyournameisnow, yes I'm getting old. I'm 26 going on 40.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've got the pics taken, just haven't been home to get them off the camera. Been out with the car or bike all day. Should have them up this afternoon though.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Check post 2 for more pics from today.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts