Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while my car is being re-worked I was thinking about making the engine bay a little more showy.
I already have powder coated my cam covers silver and was wondering what else you guys/gals paint/upgrade to improve the look.. I am thinking I might show it some.. pictures would be nice

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
I apologize I cannot see above pics but.

Throttle Body, Strut Tower Brace, Fuel Rails, Fuse Box Cover

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BUMP!!!!
thanks for the replies!!!
I was thinking there might be a few more people with some ideas... for real..

·
Registered
92 Posts
Don't have any recent pics but painted and airbrushed radiator + radiator extension covers.
I also bought colored wire conduit and changed out all the black ones under my hood with red. It was sinfully cheap and just took a bit of quality time under my hood but it also make me more aware for cleaning all the little nooks and crannies
I had chrome fluid cap covers but they are too hard to keep on the car and keep clean.
One of my buddies bought painted covers from RPI Designs for the coolant expansion ank as well as the brake master cylender so they'd match his paint job.

Obviously, I prefer painted parts for ease of care now that I've learned.

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How much prep is involved with the air brush... just like a rattle can?

I have been thinking about getting one but not sure what is good at a decent price

·
Back from the Dead
1,016 Posts
How much prep is involved with the air brush... just like a rattle can?

I have been thinking about getting one but not sure what is good at a decent price
If you are doing it yourself, as much or a little prep as you want... but the more prep you put into it, the better the finished product will look/last

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Car was originally redfire or torchred? To go along with the exterior repaint of red over black, the engine bay (while empty) was painted black and the motor is red. Not sure about the rest of the engine bay?

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Man that thing has been disassembled... I am not ever going to go that far with a vert . I love that intake...

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
I'm a fan of powdercoat, more resilient than paint, can be beaten with accidental slips with wrenches and rachets- your more likely to dent the part than chip the finish. Powder has come a long way with custom colors over the last few years to. I had an acrylic horse made for the intake appearance cover.

·
August 08 ROTM
865 Posts
gotta second what Emay said...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Here is my under the hood, painted in Windveil Blue.

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
:drool

Car was originally redfire or torchred? To go along with the exterior repaint of red over black, the engine bay (while empty) was painted black and the motor is red. Not sure about the rest of the engine bay?

I'm a fan of powdercoat, more resilient than paint, can be beaten with accidental slips with wrenches and rachets- your more likely to dent the part than chip the finish. Powder has come a long way with custom colors over the last few years to. I had an acrylic horse made for the intake appearance cover.

gotta second what Emay said...

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
I painted my valve covers with that 500 degree enamel.

Gave them about 4 coats and a coat of clear.

Looked great for 3 months. Then they slowly chipped away and Im left with ugly Valve Covers.

I have to agree with Emay and Heavy Gt....Powdercoating is where its at.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts