Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought this 98 gt and it needs some work. no big deal. i went to have an estimate on paint and one place told me $4000 and another told me $1100. so, what is a good price for painting a car? i just want it to look like it came off of the showroom floor. no candy paint or any other bs. im form NC so if some you local guys could chime in with some help it would be awesome

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
$4K is pretty reasonable for a complete respray...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that just seems real steep. i kow 1100 is on the light side compared to 4000 but damn i barely got 3000 in the car

·
a.k.a. Racecougar
4,775 Posts
$4K isn't out of line at all. You can certainly get it done for less, but this is typically a "you get what you pay for" situation.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
"showroom quality" and "affordable" are generally not found in the same sentence. especially when referring to paint.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
paid $850 for my paintjob and im happy wit it, the only i didnt do was door jams but i already have the black and blue combo going on lol

·
Sarcastic Sally
3,352 Posts
paid $850 for my paintjob and im happy wit it, the only i didnt do was door jams but i already have the black and blue combo going on lol
Im jelish, I wish I could find a paintjob for 850 around here, I googled where Richgrove, Ca was and its a smudge on the map north of L.A. wayyy to far for me:(

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
hahahahaha a smudge, yea its a lil town i love it tho....but i got the paintjob in bakersfield

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
bakersfield ehh, ive been there multiple times, not a very good town lol

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
Cheap: Econo paint and body

Top notch: Foster's auto body

Just remember, you get what you pay for.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
If the $1100 people are willing to warranty their work and guarantee your happiness then go for it.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
bakersfield ehh, ive been there multiple times, not a very good town lol
i aint from bakers but yea dam city gets boring after a while haha

·
Registered
283 Posts
that just seems real steep. i kow 1100 is on the light side compared to 4000 but damn i barely got 3000 in the car
Id think everyone could understand what you are saying. Why would you want to spend 4k in paint on a car you paid 3K for,
Thats where im at with my 98. Its got the clear coat peeling. I havent got any estimates yet though.

·
Registered
218 Posts
first off 4K would be an ENTIRE PAINT JOB... if you got a black stang and you going to just repaint it black just tell them to not do door jams, under trunk and all that non sense... I got my car painted the same color for 1500$ and its FANTASTIC... but 3-4K IS the going price for a good paint job...just tell them you only want the outer shell done, and maybe a few less passes with the clear coat.. i mean if your from SC you wont need 5 layers of clear coat... just maybe 2 or 3 and a good wax and buff a month or two down the road... that should put you somewhere in the 1800-2000 range

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
first off 4K would be an ENTIRE PAINT JOB... if you got a black stang and you going to just repaint it black just tell them to not do door jams, under trunk and all that non sense... I got my car painted the same color for 1500$ and its FANTASTIC... but 3-4K IS the going price for a good paint job...just tell them you only want the outer shell done, and maybe a few less passes with the clear coat.. i mean if your from SC you wont need 5 layers of clear coat... just maybe 2 or 3 and a good wax and buff a month or two down the road... that should put you somewhere in the 1800-2000 range
:lmao Are you kidding? SC has the ABSOLUTE worse roads around. Not only would you need more than 5 layers of clear coat because of all the rocks and stuff flying up hitting your paint but you would also need to buy shocks, struts, springs and tires while youre at it.

No but seriously SC roads do suck.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts