Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Located in Arlington, TX
Wanting to repaint my car all black again and here's what I found so far.

First shop quoted my $1800
Will only remove wing. Jambs and under hood not included.

Two other shops quoted $5k and $7k.
Removing everything; bumpers, doors, windows, ect. Under hood, jambs, the whole nine yards.

Does $5-8k seem reasonable? And I know black shows everything so you can save explanations and these shops do good work, or I wouldnt even consider them. What do yall think?

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
A 5000-8000 repaint sounds good to me as long as its a showroom shine or better and lasts. Most of that is usually prep work. I would remove what parts i can before shooting it or you could have problems where the paint meets the trim. The good shops already know that tho.

If youve seen thier work and like what you see, and they keep everything clean (shop, booth, whatever), and thier service is one of the best, go for it.

Make it black as black can be. :cool:

·
Wanna be show worthy.
11,838 Posts
That's definitely reasonable for a GREAT paint job

Sent from my LG-E739 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is two coats of clear enough for wet sand if there's minimal orange peel or should I go for three?

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
An 8k paint job on a 8k valued car seems lost to me. Not to mention, the engine bay will not be perfect but its up to you. Ultimately, color swaps are a bad idea IMHO.

·
Wanna be show worthy.
11,838 Posts
Color swaps are fine and if you're paying 8k it better be perfect! Door jams, engine bay everything. I'd opt for 3 coats of clear as well. If you have the money and don't plan on selling the car I don't see a problem with it. If I were you I'd want to see some of the jobs he's done for 8k and the quality they are.

Sent from my LG-E739 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I the job is done. The shop I went to charged a little more for jams but they painted under the hood and trunk lid, by my directions, and sand/buffed for free.

Ill upload pictures later.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts